Option to Exclude Hidden Transactions from Export

bcrossman
bcrossman Member ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2020 in Troubleshooting

It would be great if transactions that have been marked hidden from reports and the spending plan could also be excluded from an exported spreadsheet. I realize some people may want these hidden transactions in the spreadsheets they create, so the option to exclude them would be preferable.

(On a related note, it would be nice to be able to select the data sets that are exported. I don't really know what "check" refers to -- its mostly blank when I export transactions -- but I'm pretty sure I don't need it.)

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited October 2020

Hello @bcrossman,

Thanks for taking the time to visit the Community and post your feedback!

If you have not already, I suggest applying filters to the register before exporting it, as there are filter options for "Ignored in Reports", as well as for "Ignored from Spending Plan". Once the filters are applied, only the visible transactions should export to the CSV file. Please let me know if this works for you!

In regards to the "check" column -- this column's purpose is for check numbers, although Simplifi does not support check numbers, so that column technically shouldn't be showing up in the exported file. I have gone ahead and reported this behavior as a bug, and will be sure to post back with any updates as they become available.

You may also consider creating an Idea post, requesting that a User have the ability to select which info gets exported when exporting transactions from Simplifi to a CSV file.

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/998/creating-and-voting-for-ideas-in-the-community/p1?new=1

Thank you,

Coach Natalie

QWA-7648

• bcrossman
    bcrossman Member ✭✭✭✭

Thank you, @Coach Natalie ! I had forgotten how robust the filters are for the transaction register and it hadn't occurred to me that I could use them to manipulate exported data. That addressed my issue, thanks!

I do still see the "check" column in my export, but it's not a huge deal.

Thanks for the help.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited August 5

Hello @bcrossman,

Glad to hear that worked for you!

The "check" column was reported as a bug, so we are still working on it, but I will post back here with any updates. :wink:

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-7648

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file