Make autocomplete of Payees a configurable setting (edited)

timmyc123
timmyc123 Member ✭✭
edited May 10 in Feature Requests

I was just told by support that autocomplete for payee was removed for downloaded transactions. This is absurd! This is core functionality.

This has literally broken the product for me. I now have all kinds of variations of the same vendor/payee.

This platform had so much promise, but this is a dealbreaker for me.

Why the product team thinks they can make such a major change without any active notification to users is just beyond me! I really thought this could be a Mint replacement, but these kinds of decisions make it clear that its not.

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• bcrossman
    bcrossman Member ✭✭✭✭

While this seems like an over-reaction to removal of a relatively minor feature, I do agree that autocomplete was nice to have. I noticed it is gone too and am not sure why it would be removed.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello @timmyc123,

Thanks for taking the time to post to the Community, although I apologize for the frustration that you've expressed here.

I did receive confirmation that the suggested payee function has been disabled in Simplifi. This change applies to both the Mobile and the Web Applications. The decision to remove this was based on feedback received from Users, as we've received a large amount of feedback stating that Users don't like us suggesting payees.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

-Coach Natalie

• timmyc123
    timmyc123 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2020

So make it a configurable option then? Also, there is a HUGE difference between "suggesting payees" and autocompletion of previously used payees (which is what was removed).

You've now created an experience where I have multiple Payee names for the same place.

• timmyc123
    timmyc123 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2020
    > @bcrossman said:
    > While this seems like an over-reaction to removal of a relatively minor feature, I do agree that autocomplete was nice to have. I noticed it is gone too and am not sure why it would be removed.

The point of tracking this data is consistency. If I have 9 different variants of the same payee name because I can no longer easily select an existing one, that's a pretty major issue. Also, the fact that core functionality gets removed without any notice to users is completely unacceptable.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello @timmyc123,

Thanks for the additional feedback!

I have gone ahead and turned this post into an Idea post, requesting that autocomplete of payee be a configurable setting in Simplifi, so that other Users can vote on it. Please be sure to add your vote as well! :smile:

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie