Watchlist should allow for combinations of categories, tags, accounts, etc [edited] (3 Merged Votes)

Options
TGP
TGP Member ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests
It would be nice to be able to have more than one argument to combine categories and tags when creating a watchlist and to also be able to add/exclude accounts within a certain watchlist . Also, It would be nice to be able to create some watchlist and group them into a certain group for people who have few accounts, and would like to have watchlist grouped for certain accounts. Also, the ability to be able to add more widgets to the home screen will be a huge plus as well. Tracking bar for watchlist and budgets.
21 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Tappan
    Coach Tappan Retired Coach ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@TGP Thank you for your suggestions on ways to make Watchlists more flexible and useful! That's exactly the sort of feedback we're looking for during this Beta testing period! We're keeping track of all of our users' input, and our development team regularly monitors this forum to see which suggestions are trending.

• TGP
    TGP Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options

Do you think this can be implemented? If so, do we have an ETA? I can test early as a beta user as well!

• Coach Tappan
    Coach Tappan Retired Coach ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@TGP We forward user suggestions immediately. Our development team sets priorities based on how easy they are to implement, and how many recommends a feature gets. As we roll changes out, we'll posting notices about them in a dedicated topic: Updates from the Product Team. We encourage you to check that discussion each time you visit the Community, and please keep the suggestions coming!

• duffythered
    duffythered Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Watchlist is a nifty feature.  I'd like the ability to have a watchlist setup for multiple fields; e.g., a selected category AND tag AND account. This enables watchlist to be used for specific spending or transfers that I'd like to monitor directly.  (In effect, similar the filtering functionality in Reports, but saved and recurring.)
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @duffythered,

Thanks for posting this to the Community!

I have gone ahead and turned this into an Idea post so that other Users can vote on it. Please be sure to also add your vote!  :)

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    For the ability to exclude accounts from Watchlists, please add your vote here: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/103/ability-to-exclude-accounts-from-a-watchlists-edited/p1?new=1
  • asopchak
    Options
    Watchlists are a cool idea, but since I manage my finances with my partner it makes it really hard to determine how much of a category's spend is on my personal accounts vs our shared ones. I'd like the ability to have a watchlist that can be filtered for multiple fields; e.g., a selected category AND tag AND account. In effect, similar the filtering functionality in Reports, but saved and recurring.

This enables watchlist to be used for specific spending monitoring, and would actually let me & my partner make purchase decisions on the spot vs needing to pull a report. 

• TommyMac
    TommyMac Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would love the ability to create a report, then save the selections as a Watchitem. Currently Watchitems only let you watch a category, tag, payee, etc. I want to combine them and have a category AND a payee, or Category AND tag. Or, just allow multi select when creating new WatchItems.
  • rickey
    rickey Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Upvoting. I too would like the ability to combine multiple tags and only return transactions that have all of the tags listed in the watchlist arguments. For example:

- Transaction 1: $100 (Tags: Apples, Bananas)
    - Transaction 2: $50 (Tags: Apples, Oranges)
    - Transaction 3: $75 (Tags: Apples)

If I created a watchlist for the tags "Apples" and "Bananas" the application in its current state would return transactions 1 and 3 for a sum of $175. I would like the application to return only Transaction 1.

In the above example I would have to create the following tags to achieve the desired behavior: "Apples & Bananas", "Apples" (for my Apples purchases), and "Bananas" (for my bananas purchases. Adding the ability to change the set of tags provided in a watchlist criteria from OR to AND helps make tags modular and keep users' tag lists smaller.
  • nicko
    nicko Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

[removed] I would like the ability to set up a watchlist based on a category and a tag. Is there a way to do this?

• Biff
    Biff Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

[removed] Is this the right ticket to request Watchlist by Account? Feel like that's much simpler and would be a great add. Thanks.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Biff, it sounds like you're looking for a different request:

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

agree, being able to create a watchlist using BOTH categories AND tags would be really helpful.