Expand the number of TAGS or Categories in Reports that can be selected.

pawayne
pawayne Member ✭✭
edited November 2020 in Using Reports
I am trying to use the Reports option to help me with reportable tax related items. It appears it only allows a maximum of 9. This would be great help in completing a tax return.
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello @pawayne,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your feedback!

I do have a couple of questions, to be sure I fully understand your request. First, what kind of Report are you attempting to run? Second, are you attempting to run the Report on the Simplifi Mobile App or on the Web App?

Additionally, are you referring to the Filter options for the Reports? If so, I'm unable to replicate this behavior on any of the Reports, as the program doesn't seem to be limiting the number of Categories, Tags, or any other Filters I select.

Please let me know so I can best assist! :smile:

-Coach Natalie

• pawayne
    pawayne Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I am using the report option on the Web app. I am using the Spending Report with the breakdown filtering on selected Tags for this year. I have selected 16 taxable Tags, but when the report is executed it only displays 9 of the tags. I also ran the report on the mobile app trying to use the same parameters. The mobile app does not have an option to filter by tags. When it runs it only displays 9 Tags even though I have around 16.
  • Coach Natalie

Hello @pawayne,

Thank you for providing this additional information!

I was able to replicate this behavior in my own Simplifi, and have gone ahead and gotten it reported as a bug. I will be sure to post back when any updates become available!

-Coach Natalie

QWA-7983

• pawayne
    pawayne Member ✭✭
    Thank you.
  • Coach Natalie
    edited December 2020

Hello @pawayne,

Thanks for your patience while this was being researched!

It appears that the graph for the Spending Report by Category had an "Everything Else" bucket for any Filters selected over 9, however, the Spending Report by Tag was missing the "Everything Else" bucket, which has since been fixed -- please let me know if you see something different in your Simplifi.

The "Everything Else" bucket is the intended design for these Reports -- with that being said, I can turn this Discussion into an Idea post and edit the title a bit, so that it's requesting that the number of Filter selections be expanded, while removing the "Everything Else" bucket, that way other Users can vote on it.

Alternatively, you can create a new Idea post outlining the specific changes you'd like to see in this area of the program. However, as it stands, the Report does allow more than 9 Filters, it just groups the extras into "Everything Else."

Please let me know how you'd like to proceed! :smile:

-Coach Natalie

• pawayne
    pawayne Member ✭✭

Honestly I think this will work for me since I can’t get the year end totals I would need for tax purposes. The only other question I have is why would there be a bucket showing for untaged when all I want to see is taged items. Seems to muddy the waters a bit. Thanks for taking careof this.

• Coach Natalie

Hello @pawayne,

Thanks for posting back!

I honestly am not sure why there's an "Untagged" bucket, however, I do see what you mean. You may still consider creating an Idea post, outlining the specific changes you'd like to see in Simplifi's Reports, so that other Users can vote on it, and our Product Team can review it.

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/998/creating-and-voting-for-ideas-in-the-community

Thank you,

Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.