Handle Linking and Categorizing Transfer Transactions Better (edited)

emarzock
emarzock Member ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Feature Requests
I've had great difficulty for several months in managing transfers. I'd like to make a few requests:
1. Transfers from the source side should never be automatically linked to a transfer on the target side where the date differs. I've run into that one several times.
2. I have several transfers that have been recorded and automatically linked to the wrong target account. Better intelligence needs to be created to properly identify the target account.
3. I have transfers that are incorrectly getting categorized entirely. There needs to be a way to tell the software to not categorize a transfer that meets these criteria.
4. There needs to be a way to link a transfer on the source side with a specific transfer on the target side. i.e. Link *this* one with *that* one.
19 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• BillPayer
    BillPayer Member
    I agree that transfers seem to have problems.  If I enter a transaction ahead of time to transfer money between accounts it shows as pending.  Once the actual transaction has been downloaded, I have seen it not recognize my pending transfer.  It then created separate 'Financial'-categorized transactions that were linking to the other side's manual transaction.

My process seems to be to put in the pending manual transaction, wait for the downloaded transaction categorized as financial, delete my pending transaction, recategorize my downloaded transaction to be my transfer.  Not ideal.
  • emarzock
    emarzock Member ✭✭
    You'd think that this sophisticated software would be able to do much better.  Quicken can do this easily.  Quicken asks if the downloaded transaction matches the one that has been manually entered...  If answer is yes, it matches it. If not, it creates a new transaction.
  • The ability to transfer cash in and out of brokerage accounts is a must as well