Bring Quicken Bill Pay to Simplifi [edited] (1 Merged Vote)

Options
ltg
ltg Member
edited July 2022 in Feature Requests

Bring Quicken BillPay to Simplifi!

Perhaps there could be a higher price tier for bill pay (and maybe another "advanced" feature like reports or something.)

I would pay for it.

Tagged:
4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• jaarso
    jaarso Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    You guys would make my day (actually my year) if you would add QuickPay to be able to pay bills within the Simplifi product. Simplifi already tracks bills but it would really add significant value to go one step further and pay those bills similar to Quicken QuickPay.

I was a longtime Quicken user since the early 90s until last week and have decided to discontinue that subscription. I subscribed to Simplifi a couple of years ago and have kept it and Quicken both going and I recently realized that Simplifi is adequately serving my needs. The huge advantage that Simplifi has over Quicken is that I am not tied to a [removed] desktop computer. I love that Simplifi is a cloud based solution and the iOS app is pretty decent. The absence of an iPadOS app is a bit surprising. Using Safari on the iPad for Simplifi is not a good experience because when I tried it a couple of years ago, it was difficult to select a category dropdown lists for example.

I love my MacBook Pro and Mac mini but when I am away from home, my only way to manage Quicken on my Mac mini at home would be to remote in with my MacBook Pro. Remoting in is kind of a pain. Please consider adding QuickPay and I would obviously be willing to pay a premium over the current Simplifi pricing. Hence, you can call it "Simplifi Premium." Until then, I am using the free USAA checking web bill pay but it is an extra chore to have to record payments twice (once in USAA bill pay and then again in Simplifi if I want to have an accurate balance projection).
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never found paying bills through Quicken very appealing.  It seemed like one more layer of activity to do something that can already be automated either through my online banking or setting up auto pay at the service providers website.  I love Simplifi as my budget aggregator since I can dump the data from all my financial institutions and keep track of my financial life.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • jaarso
    jaarso Member ✭✭
    Options
    DannyB I understand your point of view and agree that automation is good. In fact, most of my bills are paid automatically by either the biller or setup as an automatic payment within my USAA bank web billpay. On the other hand, there are a couple of bills that I do pay manually at different times of the month so that is where I feel that billpay functionality within Simplifi would be helpful to me.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello All, 

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant, and due to the age of the request and lack of user votes/comments, will be archived within the next 10 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken Simplifi, please be sure to add your vote and a comment explaining how this request would be beneficial for you. More details on voting for Idea posts can be found in our FAQ here

Thank you,

Quicken Simplifi Community Support Team