Add Notes and Credit Limits to Accounts [edited] (4 Merged Votes)

seascorpio82
seascorpio82 Member ✭✭
edited June 20 in Feature Requests
I'm hoping I post this in right place, but yeah...

There should be a way to put a note in an account, as there is in the Quicken software, that you can easily access when clicking that account...up at the top near the account name. Doesn't have to be a huge text field, and perhaps it's a drop-down that must be clicked. An example of the information that I would want to put in here is: some of my credit cards I ONLY use for balance transfers. I like to keep track of when that balance transfer expires...also some people might like to make note of a promotional APR expiration, or just something short. But speaking of APR...

There should also be a way to input (as there is in Quicken) or automatically show what the APRs are on credit accounts.

Just the same, it would be helpful if credit limits are shown, and if you're looking for a home run, show what the credit usage/availability is across all credit accounts. This is a big factor in figuring people's credit scores, so I think that would be helpful.

Lastly, I'm going to keep asking that recurring transactions have support for multiple categories. I won't rehash any of the many many reasons why this should exist....because it just should.

seascorpio82
Seattle, WA

16 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited December 2020
    Hello @seascorpio82,

Thanks for posting this to the Community!

I have gone ahead and turned this into an Idea post so that other Users can vote on it. Please be sure to add your vote as well!  :)

Additionally, I'd suggest adding your vote here for multiple Categories in Recurring Transactions: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/98/using-splits-multiple-categories-in-recurring-transactions/p1?new=1

-Coach Natalie
  • cfoxcvg
    cfoxcvg Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I suggest adding the credit line to credit accounts and displaying available credit for credit accounts. This is a basic feature in many financial programs and would be a welcome addition for me.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @cfoxcvg,

Thank you for taking the time to post this to the Community!

I have gone ahead and turned this into an Idea post so that other Users can vote on it. Please be sure to add your vote as well!  :)

-Coach Natalie
  • cfoxcvg
    cfoxcvg Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Need to be able to add a credit limit for credit accounts and this should be reflected on the projected cash flow charts/
  • Jrmclean
    Jrmclean Member ✭✭✭
    I too would like to see "Need to be able to add a credit limit for credit accounts and this should be reflected on the projected cash flow charts"
  • Ashleydel
    Ashleydel Member
    edited February 7
    Why on earth isn’t a card credit limit linked to accounts? Ridiculous— what’s the point of a budget tracking app if you don’t know your budget for a credit card? Free apps even have this. [removed] has this. Credit utilization rate is a key aspect of financial data, especially when you are trying to improve your credit score and budget for credit card payments. 
  • ryanoldja
    ryanoldja Member
    edited June 20
    request:
    1. fetch credit limit for a given credit account (or at least ability to manually set)
    2. display credit usage vs. credit limit for each account

this would prove to be a very useful feature for me. I often check my credit accounts on simplifi when considering which card I should put a large purchase on. seeing usage vs. limit for each account would help inform those decisions