Holdings Report

michaelbambo
michaelbambo Member
edited December 2020 in Investments
The shares for my LPL holdings are wrong and are grossly inflating my portfolio value.  Interestingly my net worth is correct when I run that report.  Suggestions?

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @michaelbambo,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these difficulties in Simplifi.

Would you mind providing a bit more details on what specifically you're seeing in Simplifi? Is this occurring on just one account? Is it a connected account? What are the holdings displayed in Simplifi versus the holdings displayed at your bank's website? Additionally, screenshots would be very helpful.

Please let me know so I can best assist! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Hi Natalie

It appears that all the shares for two of the four accounts are assigned to the wrong holding those the report balance is incorrect.  These shares are recognizable but just in the wrong place.

Mike
  • Further update Natalie.  The support team has told me that Simplifi does not guarantee holding which, frankly speaking, doesn't make sense if their report works off holdings.  They are looking into the matter further with the connections team and will let me know of any further developments.  In the meanwhile, they are asking me to maintain my investments manually which doesn't seem practical but will give a shot.  I assume this is related to LPL Financial only.

• Coach Natalie
    Hello @michaelbambo,

Thanks for posting back with this new information!

It does look like we've escalated the issue with LPL Financial from your interaction with Support today, so someone will definitely be in touch when any updates become available.

Please let me know if there's anything further that I or the Community may assist with! :smile:

-Coach Natalie 
  • Natalie

I appreciate your support.  Thanks!

I have a different issue with investments now.  While they are looking into the LPL issue, they advised I create a manual account which I did.  However, the prices on those holdings are not updating to reflect the latest.  An example is a mutual fund with the symbol CLBAX.  The price in Simplifi is $29.96 which is the price I entered the holding in at from yesterday.  Since none of the prices changed, I check yahoo stocks and CLBAX is now at $30.02.  I would have expected this to update itself.  Correct?

Mike
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @michaelbambo,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing a new issue!

In regards to manual stock prices automatically updating, I believe that they should be, however, we have a lot of our Team Members out of the office currently due to the holidays, so I won't be able to get more info on this until Monday.

In the meantime, would you mind keeping an eye on your manual holdings, to see if any price changes occur over the next few days? I'd also suggest checking out this Support Article, as it may be helpful in manually tracking your stocks until the LPL Financial issue is resolved. 

Thank you,

Coach Natalie
  • Ok, they changed.  Right now they show the open (or yesterday's close).  Was probably the issue I was seeing yesterday but would have expected to see that earlier today which showed the opening.  Seems like they are on a day lag which seems odd to me.
This discussion has been closed.