Home Share your Success!

New User - previous user of MX Money Management

Hello - I'm a brand new user to Simplifi...only been using for a few days now but so far I like it a lot.   I have/had been using MX Money Management for the last 2+ years - this was offered through my Credit Union.  For the first couple years it worked great - easily pulled in all my transactions from my various account, the reporting features were great.  However in the last 4-6 weeks some of my bank connection broke and I struggled to get them to work.  I submitted a support ticket and immediately got a reply from a man saying he was looking into it and would follow up next week - guess what - I never heard from him again - absolutely no follow up on my support ticket.

This is what prompted me to look at another alternative.   I knew Mint was not an option for me - tried that before and felt like they were just using my data to push ads to me.  Quickly tried Tiller, which was way too complicated.  I wasn't always a fan of Quicken but came across this new product and it looked appealing.   So I set it up and was pleased with the application - great tools and features.  The reporting is nice, really hoping it gets greatly enhanced over time as reporting is so key to understanding my data and spending patterns.  

I was able to easily export two years of my old transactions and import them into Simplifi and spent a little time doing some clean up on Payee names, etc. to get my reporting more accurate.  Being able to create and delete category types is so great - this can all be done on the fly to get this to work how I want it to - lots of flexibility with this product.    Looking forward to enhancements and improvements as time goes on!    It seems like the support for the product is great too - I was able to get responses to my questions quickly via chat which is great.

Comments

• Coach NatalieCoach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Mike in Minneapolis,

Thanks for introducing yourself, and welcome to Simplifi!

It's great to hear how well the program is meeting your needs so far, however, please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you run into any questions along the way!

Additionally, I wanted to let you know that you have the ability to create Idea posts for feature requests here in the Community. So, if you come up with anything, please share, so that other Users can add their votes! More details can be found here.

Thank you! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.