Quicken and Simplifi

ralphhere
ralphhere Member
edited January 2021 in Getting Started
I have been using Quicken for 31 years and recently decided to look at Simplifi. What is the difference between them? If I'm using Quicken do I need Simplifi? Can I balance my checkbook with Simplifi? Can I just use Simplifi and get rid of Quicken online? [removed partial sentence]

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Hello @ralphhere

Thanks for posting to the Community!

Simplifi is designed to make managing your finances simple, and therefore doesn't have all of the bells and whistles that Quicken has. However, we do offer some features that are exclusive to Simplifi, such as the Refund Tracker. As far as balancing your checkbook, Simplifi does not offer a reconcile option.

You may consider taking a look at this FAQ, as well as checking out some of the articles located on our Help Site, to get more familiar with the program. We also offer a 30-day trial, so you may consider trying us out for 30 days to see if the program meets your needs.

Let me know if you have any further questions! :smile:

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• Thank you, I want to end my subscription and get a refund. The funds have been taken out of my bank account. I looked on the Simplifi settings but I did not see an option to cancel and get a refund. I am well within the 30 days. Thank you, for helping me Cach Natalie.
  • Coach Natalie
    edited January 2021
    Hello @ralphhere,

To clarify, are you looking to cancel Quicken or Simplifi? It looks like you're still within the 30 day trial period for Simplifi, so you haven't been charged anything. I can turn your auto-renew off so that you don't get charged at the end of the trial, or I can cancel the subscription effective immediately, however, there's nothing to refund for Simplifi.

If you're looking to cancel Quicken and get a refund from them, as it does look like you're still within the 30-day return/refund period, you'd want to contact Quicken Support directly. 

Please let me know! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • You are correct, my account has not been debited for simplify. I want to keep Quicken and cancel simplify. Thank you for disabling the auto renew and doing whatever is necessary.
  • Coach Natalie
    edited January 2021
    Hello @ralphhere,

Thanks for confirming!

I have gone ahead and turned the auto-renew off for your Simplifi subscription, but you are still good to use it until 2/9/21, at which time it will automatically cancel itself.

Please let me know if there's anything further that I or the Community may assist with! 

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.