Matching Saving goals withdrawal to a transaction

Why isn't there a way to match a transaction to a saving goal? I know I can exclude the transactions from reports, but since saving goals contribution isn't shown in report, this entire purchase isn't considered at all in reports.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited January 26 Accepted Answer
    Hello @nunuyorker,

Thank you for posting to the Community with your inquiries regarding Savings Goals!

As covered here, Savings Goals are a mock scenario and have no transactions tied to them. When you contribute to a Savings Goal, you'll see your contributions in the balance of your account(s), as well as an Available balance that shows what you'd have left in the account(s) after any Goal money is set aside. 

When it comes time to spend your Goal money, I suggest categorizing the transactions accordingly, but then ignoring them from your Spending Plan so that they don't count against you. You can also ignore them from Reports, or leave them, it's entirely up to you. However, spending the Goal money is the only time that you'd see transactions appear in your register. Once the Goal money is spent and you've got all of the corresponding transactions categorized accordingly, you can then delete the Goal so that it's no longer appearing in the balance of your account(s).

You may also consider creating an Idea post requesting that Simplifi allow you to match a transaction to a Savings Goal, or what specifically you'd like to see added/changed in this area of the program.

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/998/creating-and-voting-for-ideas-in-the-community

Please let me know if you have any questions! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.