Home Using Simplifi Getting Started

HELP!!!!! Account creation problem

bryce_ohiobryce_ohio Member
edited February 10 in Getting Started
I can't find a way to contact support so I'm hoping this will reach someone

I tried to create an account. I entered my name and credit card info. The next screen asked for phone number and to create a password. No matter what I tried, I got error messages on that screen. 

Now I can't log on. The only password recovery option is tied to phone number which never successfully made it into the system.

Any ideas on how to finish the account creation issue?

Comments

• Coach NatalieCoach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @bryce_ohio,

Thanks for posting to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're receiving an error when attempting to sign up for Simplifi. 

To clarify, did you attempt to sign up for Simplifi using the same email address associated with your Community Profile, or did you use a different one? If you used a different one, please let me know, and I'll send a message to your Community Inbox to obtain that information privately.

Also, are you attempting to sign up via a Web Browser, the Mobile App, or via the Apple or Google store?

Alternatively, for real-time assistance, you can also try contacting Support directly by selecting the blue Chat icon located in the lower right of this page: http://help.simplifimoney.com/en/

Thank you,

Coach Natalie
  • bryce_ohiobryce_ohio Member
    I tried to sign up for Simplifi and then later signed up for the community. I used the same password for both.

I first tried on Chrome. Then with the Android App.

Let me know what other details you need and feel free to reach out directly.

Thanks so much for the quick response!!!

edited February 10
    Hello @bryce_ohio,

Thanks for posting back and confirming! 

What is the exact error message that you receive when attempting to sign up/sign in? If you have a screenshot to provide of the error, that would also be very helpful! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
    @Coach Natalie 

Unfortunately I don't remember exactly and don't have a screen shot. It was a generic message that said something like, "Error. If this continues please contact us at __________"

It didn't say if it was an error related to my phone number entry or my password. I tried it with and without my phone number. I tried several different passwords of different lengths and with different characters. Nothing worked. 

Is there a way to delete the account associated with that email address and I'll try again?

Hello @bryce_ohio,

Unfortunately, there is no account associated with the email address that you used to sign up, so it seems like something didn't go through during the sign-up process.

When you have a moment to do so, please attempt to sign up and/or sign in again, and send me the exact steps taken when doing so, as well as the exact error message received. Hopefully that will help get us pointed in the right direction! :smile:

Thank you,

Coach Natalie
    @Coach Natalie

When I start from scratch I get a notice that says, "You already have a pending subscription". There's a link to "sign in or create and account to complete setup". If I follow the link (or hit the continue button) it takes me to the basic sign on screen.

From there, I put the email address in and any password. An error message pops up that says "This Quicken ID does not exist".

If I hit, "forgot Quicken ID", it asks for my email address and says it'll send me the ID if the email exists in the system. I never get an email from Quicken so I go back and hit the "forgot password" option. After entering my email it tells me it'll call me with a code. That won't work because I never got my phone number into the system.

I tried it all in Firefox after it didn't work on Chrome. Same results.

So basically. There's a pending subscription with my email and credit card info but no phone number or password. They need to text or call me to fix it, but they don't have my phone number. I'm stuck in a big loop...
    Hello @bryce_ohio,

Thank you for posting back with these details!

I'm going to have you attempt to create an account from quicken.com directly, to see if that will allow you to finish the account setup process, and get your subscription activated for Simplifi. Please navigate to https://www.quicken.com/my-account and attempt to create an account using the same email address you've been using. 

Please let me know how it goes! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
    @Coach Natalie

It worked!!!

I did > create new account > entered email, phone and password. It took me right to the half-completed profile. (And I'm glad I stuck with it. My credit card info was in there and I think the trial had started...)

Thanks SOOOO much for your help!!!!

You rock!!!
    Hello @bryce_ohio,

Awesome!! It was my pleasure to help out, and I'm very glad to hear that you made it into Simplifi!

Please let us know if there's anything further that I or the Community may assist with. :smiley:

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file