Manually uploading older transactions isn't working correctly [edited]

sabrina.blue
sabrina.blue Member
edited February 11 in Managing your Transactions
Hi. I recently uploaded some transactions to a linked account. Before uploading, it only showed transactions for about the last 3 months, so I wanted to get in some older transactions. I used the SimpliFi csv template, and when I upload, it gives me a message that the import was successful. But here's what happens/doesn't happen...

- The older transactions do now appear. However, they are all marked as Bank Downloaded Transactions. This would be true of the last 3 months, but the older transactions that only appear since importing weren't downloaded from my bank. They were manually uploaded.

-Second, the Payee for the newly uploaded transactions does not match what was in my csv. For instance, I have an Occt 31 transaction (before uploading the csv, my oldest downloaded transaction was in Nov). It has shown up in SimpliFi with a Payee of "Pres interest", even though my csv clearly says "Interest credit correction" in the Payee field. Curiously, if I drill into the details for the transaction, it does indicate that the transaction "appears on my statement as 'Interest credit correction' ".  Of course, this Payee was not actually from a statement, but rather was from my uploaded manual csv transactions. Secondly, if that's what it's getting from the upload, why is it not putting that information in the Payee field?

Of course, it's also disappointing that we can't include Categories in the csv and have those import as well. But hopefully this is a capability SimpliFi is working on adding.
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited September 13
    Hello @sabrina.blue,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post regarding these issues with the CSV import function. 

In regards to the imported transactions displaying as bank downloaded, I'm seeing the same behavior when importing transactions from the CSV template into Simplifi. I'm not sure if this is by design, or a bug, but I'm going to go ahead and get it reported as a bug so that I can find out either way. I will be sure to post back once I receive an update! 

In regards to the second issue, do you by chance have any Transaction Rules created for the Payee in question? Upon doing some testing, I found that my Payee was renamed by my Payee Rule when importing, and I also noticed that I had a category assigned upon import that falls in line with my Category Rule for this Payee. With that being said, I've concluded that imported transactions will have Transaction Rules applied to them, just as bank downloaded transactions would. I'm thinking that something along the same lines could have occurred in your situation.

Please let me know so I can best assist! :smile:

-Coach Natalie

QWA-8514
  • I figured out what the problem was with the 2nd issue, so you can disregard that. But thanks for your quick attention, and for reporting the first issue to the team.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @sabrina.blue,

Thanks for your patience as this was being researched!

I've heard back from my Team on this, and they actually determined it to not be a bug. We plan to remove the column that's causing this from the CSV import (if it hasn't already happened) which should prevent imported transactions from displaying as 'Bank Downloaded' in the future.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any questions! :smile:

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file