Ability to choose which connected accounts get updated (edited)

jfmclaugh
jfmclaugh Member ✭✭
edited April 2023 in Feature Requests

There are certain bank/institution accounts linked to my Simplifi that I don't need to update frequently, investments in particular. However, Simplifi has no option to allow updating for individual only when you choose to, not automatically. IMHO that would be an improvement, particularly for my wife, who gets flustered when a pop-up demands you to enter a 2XFA code from text or email.

30 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• 5impl5abi
    5impl5abi Member ✭✭
    Simplifi updates accounts every time I launch the app, but I don't need to update all accounts all the time when I know some will have very infrequent changes. +100 for this request by @jfmclaugh!

The positive side effect of this is decreasing unnecessary aggregator traffic to the financial instructions, and in turn, improving reliable connectivity for all of us. 
  • SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I agree.  The same is now true for Amex accounts, which require double authentication.  I only need to do it once per day except in unusual cases.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

• cbaser
    cbaser Unconfirmed, Member

I was going to enter this as a feature request but found it was already entered so I upvoted it. A couple of my accounts always prompt for MFA, which is secure but also annoying since they happen to be savings and investment accounts which fluctuate less. I would be fine with only updating them a couple times a month. For now I switched them to manual, but I would love to be able to do an automatic update "on demand", or maybe specify in the account settings how often to update.

• domg1
    domg1 Member

I really wish this was an option. I have a few accounts like mortgage loans that I only need to update once a month, but every time I refresh I get a MFA email or text for them.

• This is a no brainer. Come on, Simplifi you can do better.

• 100% desperately want this. Every time I open the app I am bombarded with MFA emails from accounts that I really don't need updated. I want to be able to disable automatic refresh on these accounts. It really dissuades me from even logging into the app unless I REALLY need/want to. It's very frustrating.