Biggest area Simplifi falls down - billers

mljshield3
mljshield3 Member ✭✭✭
edited February 26 in Feedback
Since my AOD Visa is working again with [removed], I spent some time this morning going through it.
The #1 key thing Simplifi needs to enable to make their product better:
Add Billers.

With the other product I was able to add:
Verizon Cell, Electric, Gas, Water, Cable, Netflix, Car Insurance, Homeowner's Insurance, Directv, etc.
This will auto tell me when I have a bill due and remind me.  While the manual Simplifi process is nice, when you have variable bills it takes out a ton of work.  I like the reporting and other overall interface of Simplifi better, but I'll be hard pressed to renew my membership when the other offers me all of this for free.

Just a suggestion, Simplifi.  No, I don't need you to come on here and tell me to get others to "vote" on this either.  Take the free suggestion and decide if this is worth the hassle to you as a company.
Thanks,
Shawn

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @mljshield3,

Thanks for posting your feedback to the Community!

I'd suggest taking a look at this existing Idea post requesting the ability to add linked bills. Please note that this Idea is marked as "In Progress", meaning that this ability is forthcoming. In fact, you should already have access to this feature while it's in beta if you enable "Early Access" in Simplifi under Settings>General

Please let me know if you have any questions! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • mljshield3
    mljshield3 Member ✭✭✭
    So I have enabled "Early Access".  The post you linked to reads:  "I am not sure if this is already available. But it would be great if there was a section for Bill / Utilities etc. A way we can log into these vendors websites like we do the banks and it can be reflected on our account. I think it will help track our bills a lot easier."

I do not see this section - can you explain where this is located?  I tried adding my regular billers for my utilities; none exist.  Thanks.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @mljshield3,

Thanks for posting back, and I'd be happy to clarify!

Once you've enabled Early Access, you should be able to then navigate to Settings>Recurring, select the three dots at the end of a Recurring Series, and select "Connect to biller":

Please let me know if you run into any trouble! :wink:

-Coach Natalie
  • mljshield3
    mljshield3 Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Natalie.  I was able to get this working, however I'm not clear on how this is supposed to work.
    Let's use my Natural Gas provider as an example, Columbia Gas.
    I setup a bill months ago by dividing my annual bill by 12 to get a rough estimate.  Let's call that a $75 monthly bill.
    So I did right click and hit "connect biller".  I still see the same $75 monthly payment, even though it said it successfully connected to the biller.  It's winter here in Ohio, and I've actually paid way ahead (no "real" bill due until probably May).  Yet it still says the same $75 bill due in March.

I cannot modify the reminder series to $0; it's not allowed.  I also cannot, from what I can gather, manually connect / add a biller without creating a recurring bill first, which requires a $ amount greater than zero.  I expected this feature to, once connected, show the true bill amount (0 in this case).  I'll keep messing with it.  
  • mljshield3
    mljshield3 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 27
    So our water bill is due in March.  Connected, but Simplifi isn't receiving or showing the new actual bill amount or the correct due date.  Uses the last $ amount, which is the past transaction I paid in November.  Color me baffled; I don't see the "connected" portion doing anything at all.
  • Coach Natalie
    edited March 1
    Hello @mljshield3,

Thanks for posting back after adding some of your Billers, although I apologize that you're not seeing what you expected to. 

This is what I'm showing for Billers for you:
    1. AEP Ohio shows an empty bill status, meaning nothing is currently due
    2. Columbia Gas of Ohio also shows an empty bill status -- is this the one that you paid ahead? 
    3. Columbia Utilities shows an amount due of $338.41 with a due date of 3/25/21, and a payment is scheduled for the amount due on 3/25/21 (auto-pay?)
    This process is still new to us as well, and I am confirming these details, however, it would be my assumption that for the two bills that have an empty bill status, the Reminder in Simplifi would stay the same amount as what the original Recurring Series was set up for. If I'm incorrect, I will be sure to post back here and let you know.

Would you mind confirming the information that I'm seeing on my end so that I can get any discrepancies clarified/reported? :smile:

Thank you,

Coach Natalie
  • mljshield3
    mljshield3 Member ✭✭✭
    1.  AEP, correct, paid way ahead.
    2.  Columbia Gas, same.
    3.  On my side, in the recurring I see $357.33 (which is roughly the average quarterly payment that I setup a while back as rough estimates).
    Where are you going specifically to see the $338.41?  That's the correct amount and the correct due date.
    In both my primary checking reminders and recurring tabs I still see the $357.33.

• mljshield3
    mljshield3 Member ✭✭✭
    I added a few more; a few of them were able to connect.
    Feel like I'm doing something wrong here - have not seen one show up with the correct due date and amount.  All are showing what I did manually based on previous bills.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @mljshield3,

Thanks for your patience while I was researching this!

I'm seeing the same behavior as you where my bills aren't updating with the amount due in Simplifi, although our Biller system (which is what I used to get that amount due for you earlier) is reporting the correct amount, and I've discovered that this aspect of the feature hasn't been enabled quite yet. All that's available at this point is the ability to connect to Billers, and the rest should be enabled next week.

Hopefully that helps to clear up what you're seeing for now, however, please be sure to let me know if you continue to see any issues after Online Bill Presentment goes live. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • mljshield3
    mljshield3 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for confirming I'm not crazy! :)  Now let's see about that pesky AOD VISA connection, s'il vous plait! :)
  • mljshield3
    mljshield3 Member ✭✭✭
    Good morning Natalie.  Just got the email that this is being rolled out now.  I’d have thought the early adopters would have this working, but I just added another biller and the billing amount is still set to whatever date and amount I used initially when I created the recurring series.  I’ll be patient, but can’t wait until this works! :)
  • Coach Natalie
    edited March 10
    Hello @mljshield3,

Good morning, and sorry for the delay -- I was out sick yesterday.

I apologize for any confusion with the email that was sent out. Bill Connect is still in beta, and the next due date and amount due features have not yet been enabled. The best way to determine if this is out of beta is by disabling Early Access, and then navigating back to the Recurring section to see if you can see the little link icon next to your Billers. Doing so won't lose any of the connections that you've established; if you re-enable Early Access, you'll see that all of the links are still intact.

I will do my best to keep everyone in the Community updated with the coming changes for Bill Connect! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • mljshield3
    mljshield3 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks.  The email made it sound as if it were working, just being deployed to segments of users in pockets.
This discussion has been closed.