Investments issue: Blank line item with wrong amount (E*TRADE?)

scottnliz
scottnliz Member ✭✭✭
edited March 5 in Investments
In the mobile app, under Investments in the “Holdings” tab, a blank line is showing with a market value of $131,670.79. This is erroneous.  

In the “Accounts” tab, this same amount seems to be showing under my E*TRADE stock plan. But I don’t have that amount of money in E*TRADE anywhere. 

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @scottnliz,

Thank you for taking the time to post to the Community, although I apologize that you're experiencing this issue in Simplifi.

To clarify, are you also seeing the erroneous number reported on the Simplifi Web App, or is this occurring on the Mobile App only? If the issue is present on just the Mobile App, I'd suggest fully signing out and then back in, to see if doing so helps to clear things up. 

Please let me know how it goes! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • scottnliz
    scottnliz Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 5
    I am seeing it in the Web App as well.
       Simplifi-Investments
  • Coach Natalie
    edited March 5
    Hello @scottnliz,

Thanks for checking and posting back!

I can definitely see the empty line item with the erroneous number -- very strange! It sounds like you may have identified the culprit as one of your E*Trade accounts, so I'd like to look at escalating this as a balance discrepancy, while also including the issue that you're seeing displayed in the Investments tab.

Would you mind providing me with the name of the E*Trade account in question, as it appears in Simplifi, as well as the balance displayed for the account in Simplifi, and the balance displayed for the account at E*Trade's website. Screenshots of the balances would be wonderful to have; if you'd prefer to share those privately, please let me know, and I'll email you a link to our secure file exchange where you can securely upload them.

Also, in regards to what you're seeing in the Investments tab, do you see a holding displayed for the E*Trade account in question that amounts to this blank line item? I'm trying to determine where the blank line item is coming from; if it's possibly an incorrectly reported number with a UI issue, or if it should even exist at all. If you could also send me a screenshot of the holdings displayed in the account drill-down, as well as the holdings displayed in the Investments tab, it would be much appreciated. In fact, a screenshot of the holdings displayed at E*Trade's website may also be very helpful for my Team to have. 

Also, if you'd prefer, I can send a message to your Community Inbox so that you can privately provide me with the requested details. Please let me know if you have any questions! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • scottnliz
    scottnliz Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 5
    The name of the E*Trade account affected is called "Stock Plan" in Simplifi.  

Here's the Simplifi Holdings View for the "Stock Plan" account only:
    Simplifi-Investments

Here's the E*Trade site:  
    E-TRADE-FINANCIAL-Complete-View

I'm guessing the issue is something related to the "linked" sub-account to the Stock Plan account.  (it has $0 in it)

Note that I recently transferred some $ out of this account, but it hasn't updated yet.  Once it does, I assume it will reflect accurately (and drop the $1120.74 balance showing in Simplifi down to match the $75.27 balance showing on E*Trade.  Not concerned about this.)

• Coach Natalie
    edited March 5
    Hello @scottnliz,

Thanks for providing the screenshots! If I end up needing holdings info, I'll let you know. :wink:

I apologize for not requesting this earlier, however, I realized that I also need to collect your Network Log to get this escalated. You can obtain this file by following these steps:
    1. Login to Simplifi on Google Chrome
    2. Select the E*Trade account with the erroneous balance and right-click on the page, then select Inspect
    3. Once the Network Information is displayed on the right side of the screen, select the Network tab. 
    4. Once on the Network tab, click the download/export arrow in the upper-right.
    5. Change the name of the file to Network Log.txt and save it to your desktop. 
    Once you have this file ready to go, let me know, and I can send you that secure file exchange link. Please let me know if you have any questions! 

Thanks so much!

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello again @scottnliz,

I just wanted to check back with you to see if you were able to obtain that Network Log file? I have everything else that I need to get this escalated, and don't want to miss out on doing so. 

Thank you! :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • scottnliz
    scottnliz Member ✭✭✭
    I have it ready. Send the link please. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @scottnliz,

I've sent the link; please let me know once the file is uploaded!

Thanks so much! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • scottnliz
    scottnliz Member ✭✭✭
    I've uploaded the Network Log, as well as some new screenshots.  I noticed that the behavior has changed.  (maybe devs released a change).  Now the erronious $131,670.79 amount is gone, but so are the correct amounts for the etrade accounts:  "Individual Brokerage -0716" shows $0 but should be $5,001.03 and "Stock Plan -6780" shows $0 but should be $76.16 (or similar).  The only one that should be $0 is the one called "Individual -6780".
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @scottnliz,

Thanks for uploading the Log File and new screenshots!

I apologize for the delay on this -- I was out sick yesterday. That's great that the erroneous line item has resolved itself, however, is the balance mismatch still occurring? When viewing the new screenshots, I'm seeing that the balances in Simplifi accurately reflect the balances at E*Trade's website, with the exception of a few cents difference on the Stock Plan account.

Please let me know, thank you! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • scottnliz
    scottnliz Member ✭✭✭
    The balances on the accounts seem to match, but the Holdings don’t seem to. I don’t see either the $5,001.03 (cash balance) or the $76.16 (stock holding) reflected anywhere in holdings page. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @scottnliz,

Gotcha, thanks for confirming!

In that case, I would need to see the detailed holdings information displayed at E*Trade's website, so that we can do a comparison as to what could/should be displayed in Simplifi. Also, we don't technically guarantee holdings info in Simplifi, however, we are willing to escalate these to our Product Team so that we can research from our end to see if we can't get those to display for you. 

Please let me know when you have the requested information available and uploaded. I'm not sure if the link has expired yet, so I'll send you a new one. :wink:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    edited March 17
    Hello @scottnliz,

Hey again! Just checking back to see if you'd still like me to escalate this for missing holdings? 

If so, please let me know so that I can obtain those new screenshots from you. Thanks! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.