Canadian Bank: CIBC [edited] (1 Merged Vote)

Options
System
System Administrator admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Where is the best place to report missing bank connections?.
Tagged:
9 votes

Completed · Last Updated

TD Canada Trust, Royal Bank of Canada, and Scotiabank are all available in Quicken Simplifi. And CIBC Canada is now available under "Banque CIBC"!

Comments

• rdunlop
    rdunlop Member
    Options

Looking for the main Canadian Banks: TD Canada Trust, Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), CIBC and Scotiabank. I also have credit cards with Home Depot (Canada), American Express (Canada) and PC FInancial. Most of these are available in Mint but not yet in Simplifii.

• Coach Tappan
    Coach Tappan Retired Coach ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@rdunlop Thanks for the suggestions! As I noted in an answer to another post of yours, we don't currently link to banks that only use Canadian currency, but we'll review the financial institutions you mentioned, and see if they can be added in the future.

• dgarvis
    dgarvis Member
    Options
    Hi,

Simplifi currently offers support for connecting to CIBC US, but doesn't have support for the Canadian site.

It would be really great if we could connect to the Canadian site.

David
  • dgarvis
    dgarvis Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Hey,

Any update on this? Seems as though there's no timeline for this kind of thing...

As mentioned above, CIBC also deals in US currency. RBC, TD and Scotia are all available to connect. Why is CIBC the only one of Canada's big three that gets no support?
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hello @dgarvis,

Thank you for reaching out, although I apologize that there is no update to provide on this request at this time. Sadly, we don't have any kind of timeline to provide, however, we definitely suggest continuing to follow along here for future updates. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @rdunlop & @dgarvis,

It looks like TD Canada Trust, Royal Bank of Canada, and Scotiabank are all now available in Simplifi, and the only one we're waiting on is CIBC for Canada, is that correct? 

Thanks in advance! 

-Coach Natalie
  • dgarvis
    dgarvis Member
    Options
    Yeah, CIBC is the one, is there any timeline now on when this bank would be available? I know you had previously stated that there was none, but perhaps one year later? Any progress?

This has become a deal breaker for most people, as Mint can input automatically those transactions as a free service. The feature updates are nice, but ultimately unusable if the transactions can't be pulled from the bank in real time.

Let us know if there's any hope for this or if we're just wasting our time.
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Thanks for confirming @dgarvis!

Unfortunately, there's no update to provide on CIBC as of yet, however, I have gone ahead and updated this request accordingly, and will be sure to post back as soon as any news becomes available.

-Coach Natalie
  • rickster
    Options

any news on when Cibc Canada will be available in Simplifi?

• Jen L
    Options

agree it would be great to get an update on this, as a prior Mint user coming over

• pdh
    pdh Member
    Options

Totally agree. Odd as Quicken Deluxe can connect to CIBC. This program will not work for many unless they can connect to CIBC

• pdh
    pdh Member
    Options

Sorry as you actually need to download from your account (CIBC) to use transactions in Quicken Deluxe. It doesn't connect automatically.

• Pierre
    Pierre Member
    edited January 2
    Options

@Coach Natalie Any news on when Desjardins (Quebec) will be available in Simplifi? Thanks

• pdh
    pdh Member
    Options

Have we any new information on CIBC Canada

• patrobic
    Options

Lack of CIBC (Canada) support is a real dealbreaker for me too, I would 100% commit to using Simplifi (coming from Mint), but absolutely cannot do so without access to my & my wife's CIBC accounts.

Simplifi is honestly an amazing product that does 99% of what I need it to & more, but without support at least for ALL of the Big Five banks, the service is crippled and will have a much lower chance of gaining market share & succeeding in Canada.

• Jota Efe
    Jota Efe Member
    Options

They should add Desjardins, CIBC, National Bank of Canada (and National Bank Independent Network) to their list. Quicken are missing a large portion of the Canadian market and they only need about 4-5 institutions to cover nearly all of it, seems like a no-brainer to me

• patrobic
    Options

For anyone following this, looks like CIBC Canada (Banque CIBC - cibc.com) support has been added!

• milobloom
    Options

Any chance CIBC Wood Gundy is in the works?

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @milobloom,

If that is separate from the connection being requested in this discussion, could you please provide the URL (web address)?

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• rdunlop
    rdunlop Member
    Options

Wow 4 years after posting the first question, looks like I might be able to use it here in Canada with CIBC

This discussion has been closed.