Forced Linked Transfer when selecting "Transfer" category (edited)

asubbaiyanprof
asubbaiyanprof Member ✭✭✭
edited May 14 in Report a Bug
Hi
I have unusual issues with the Desktop App; Category set to 'Transfer'  switches to some random 'Transfer - <<Account>>,' there is no way that I can fix it
cleared all cache and even try from another PC,  still no luck

No issues with IOS App

Regards
Anand

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello Anand (@asubbaiyanprof),

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue!

I'm not seeing any issues with any of the transactions that I have categorized as "Transfer" -- is this occurring on already entered transactions, or when entering a new transaction? Also, are you stating that there's no way to edit the transactions in question? Do you recognize the account that the transfer has been set to? If so, is it the same account for each transaction in question, or is it transferring to various accounts that you have in Simplifi? Screenshots would also be very helpful! I can email you a link to our Secure File Exchange if you have some to upload. 

Please let me know so I can best assist! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • asubbaiyanprof
    consider as closed,  
    Yes, it was not a recurring transaction, and I deleted both the troubled line items and  recreated no issues

• asubbaiyanprof
    The issue surfaced back again.

1) I 'am trying to set the category as transfer
    • Get a popup for a  possible match; my choice is to say Do not match, 
    • yet.  the app sets to a random account
    • Correct Choice is 'Transfer,'  but the system is not letting me as it keeps reverting to a random account
    • https://ibb.co/ZSY8hQW

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @asubbaiyanprof,

Thanks for posting back with a new instance!

I actually know exactly what's going on, as I noticed this behavior in Simplifi a couple of weeks ago, and ended up getting it reported to our Product Team. It seems that the program is forcing us to use the linked/matched transfer instead of just letting us use "Transfer" for the category -- so frustrating! 

This is being worked on, and I will absolutely be sure to post back here as soon as I receive an update. :smiley:

-Coach Natalie

QWA-8746
  • jwscott
    jwscott Member
    edited June 4
    Same issue. When categorizing as Transfer a transfer from savings account A to brokerage account C, popup suggests linking to same-value deposit in savings account B. Clicking Do Not Match erroneously creates a linked transaction in account B. This is ONLY in the browser version. I was able to successfully set the transaction as Transfer in the Android app.
  • Coach Blake
    Coach Blake Member, Moderator admin
    Hi there, @jwscott!

Thank you for posting and letting us know you are experiencing the same frustrating experience. Our product team is still working on this issue. You can bookmark this post at the top to get notified once we get an update.

-Coach Blake

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file