Ability to Rearrange or Sort Savings Goals (edited)

Options
ccrawford
ccrawford Member ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Feature Requests
This is self explanatory but I would like to be able to rearrange savings goals in the goals page.
42 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @ccrawford,

Thanks for posting this to the Community!

I have gone ahead and turned this into an Idea post so that other Users can vote on it. Please be sure to add your vote as well! :)

-Coach Natalie
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agree with @ccrawford, it would be great to be able to sort these.  The current sort order doesn't make much sense and changes with use which makes it confusing to navigate as the number of Savings Goals increase.  If I stay with Simplifi, personally, I'll have LOTS of Savings Goals so I suspect scrolling through them is going to get really annoying.

I'd suggest:
    • Allow us to drag the tiles around on the screen.
    • Allow us to group the tiles together with custom Group Names...right now, it just says "All Goals" and "Completed Goals".  I'd like to do something like "Entertainment Funds", "Savings Funds", "Black Hole Funds", etc.
    • Add a Search Field that would help users with LOTS of Savings Goals to quickly find the one they're looking for.

If anyone reading this is interested, this community post explains the existing sort order (click here).
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • 5impl5abi
    5impl5abi Member ✭✭
    Options
    +1. Not all goals are created equal and I'd like to sort and/or filter them based on priority, naming, status (in progress, on hold, pending, completed) or some other criteria. 
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Partly to keep this request alive and partly because Savings Goals are such a useful and important part of Simplifi, the more functionality the better Savings goals, and by extension Simplifi, will be.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would like to be able to re-arrange the savings goals, but I would 'accept' (meaning: better than it is now) if it was for example alphabetical and I could name things in such a way that they were sorted by that name.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When this option is selected (and it need not be the default), sorting should happen by the savings goal date. Goals without a date should be at the ‘end.’

This would be useful, for example, when I have ‘extra’ money in savings a particular month and would like to put the money towards paying off the goal due soonest to free up its monthly contribution for other goals.

Rob Wilkens

• altChristopher
    altChristopher Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This should be a simple enhancement (days), low effort for an MVP
    Add tags to goals and allow people to filter by tags (select one or more tags)
    Bet you already have most of the functionality built.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

l@altChristopher There are a lot of requests they're probably dealing with, a recent update to the web app had something like 25-50 enhancements in one update, many of those addressing things requested here. It's probably more about how things get prioritized. I, for example, am hoping for a fix which makes the app difficult to use on weekends because the balance is wrong (the problem is with my bank, which i believe is the largest bank in the u.s.).

Rob Wilkens

• altChristopher
    altChristopher Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

@RobWilk - My guess is you are correct. I just added my remark to make sure when reading this thread, the product team did not try to create a $10 solution when a nickel might get us 80%. Sometimes that can be the difference in getting something into a sprint when I run my dev teams.

• ceph
    ceph Member
    Options

YES, PLEASE! Sorting savings goals according to priority, or funding, or alphabetically…. Anything would be better than the arbitrary, randomized order currently.

• klgilbert
    Options

It is really hard to believe that the ability to simply sort by Target Date isn't already an option. To me, that should be the default setting that can then be customized by users for their own needs.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I may have complained in the past "because this didn't affect me", but I'm using savings goals now, and, for me, this now is an important request. That's just for me.

I still want 'hide accounts' at probably a higher priority, but this would be nice to have too.

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

• mkbomm
    Options

This ability seems so basic! I'm about ready to cancel my subscription. Please make this happen!

• MAK
    MAK Member
    Options

yes, definitely need a way to sort and rearrange the planned spending categories beyond the default alphabetical order.
    Would also like to see a way to customize the view so there could be a single page, smaller bar graph one on top of the other, instead of the large side-by-side view that has to be scrolled through…

• Coach Natalie
    Options
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

For posterity, I'm revising my suggestion from July 2021. Since then, Simplifi added the ability to sort the Watchlists. Now, it makes the most sense to just match that sort ability to Savings Goals.

This is what is in Watchlists on the desktop…

It would be enough if Simplifi just added the same exact dropdown to Savings Goals. One thing that would still need to occur is to separate out "Active Goals" from "Completed Goals." Each one would just get sorted according to our selection under the dropdown.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Emacken
    Emacken Member ✭✭
    Options

The linked post doesn't exist anymore; does anyone remember how it worked? I'd love to be able to create new goals and put them at the end of the list, but currently they show up at the front, and if there's a way to affect that it would be great.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Emacken, it looks like the post in question is archived due to age, but this is what the response was in June 2021:

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• Hover2mach
    Hover2mach Member
    Options

I support allowing organization/prioritizing of savings goals! Let's get this change made!

• Bgz
    Bgz Member ✭✭
    Options

It would be useful to see a history of when and how much I contributed towards/ withdrew from my goals.

Currently, it just shows only the amount available.