Hello Simplifi

paddylandau
paddylandau Member
edited March 24 in Introduce yourself!
Hi. I'm Paddy, and I've been using Quicken Deluxe 2000 (yes, that's the year 2000) for 21 years!

I haven't upgraded Quicken, because it no longer offers what I want and because it's become too expensive. I have extremely simple finances, so I need something both simple and cheap. In addition, Quicken is made for Windows or Mac, and I use neither (I use Quicken Deluxe 2000 in a legacy mode that isn't portable).

The Quicken team referred me here. Simplifi looks like it offers what the old Quicken offered, and for a reasonable price. So, I'll try it out probably this weekend.

My only concern is that the Android app is unavailable. Is this because it's still in development or because I don't live in the USA (I live in the UK)? I know that Simplifi doesn't support banks outside the [US], but that's not a problem for me because my finances are simple, and I can happily manually enter transactions and reconcile them.

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello Paddy (@paddylandau),

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself to the Community, and welcome to Simplifi!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting the Simplifi Mobile App! Although we only support banks within the US, I would think that you'd still be able to install the App and track your finances manually from anywhere. Our Mobile App should be listed in the Google Play Store as "Simplifi: Budget App, Money & Finance Management:

Please let me know if you're still unable to find/install it! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • paddylandau
    paddylandau Member
    Thanks for your reply, @Coach Natalie

Unfortunately, that search string in Google Play Store doesn't find the app. Using Google, however, I found the app, but it shows as unavailable in my country [1] (I don't know how to display an image on this forum).

I've added it to my Wishlist, but I hope that Quicken allows it here soon, because part of the attraction of Simplifi was the fact that it uses the cloud.

How good is Simplifi on the mobile browser (I use Chrome on a Google Pixel 2XL)?

[1] https://pasteboard.co/JUet0Pd.png
  • Coach Natalie
    edited March 25
    Hello Paddy (@paddylandau),

Darn it! Well, I do appreciate you posting back and providing the screenshot, because now I know for future reference that it's not supported in other countries. Sorry about that!

I do know that Simplifi currently has no intention of adding support outside of the US, however, this may change at some point in the future.

In regards to using Simplifi on a mobile browser, this is not something that I've done regularly enough to know how well it functions, but it is definitely an option, and I believe works best when used in "desktop mode". Maybe someone else will come along with more experience that has some feedback for you! Otherwise, you're more than welcome to give it a try and let me know if you end up having any issues with it. :smile:

Thank you,

Coach Natalie
  • paddylandau
    paddylandau Member
    Thanks, @Coach Natalie

I'll sign up for the free month when I have some time to check it out; it might be this weekend, or given certain things going on, it might have to wait until late April!

I'll see if I can contact Simplifi to officially ask to make the app available albeit without banking support. If you know the link offhand, please let me know, otherwise I'll search tomorrow.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @paddylandau,

The best way to go about making a request is to create an Idea post here in the Community. This method allows other Users to add their votes, and also gets the request in front of our Product Team. With this specific request, however, the number of votes may not impact the decision much. But you never know! More info on creating and voting for Idea posts may be found here.

In regards to contacting Support directly, in the event that you may need to do so, this Support Article has more details.

I hope this helps! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • mljshield3
    mljshield3 Member ✭✭✭
    Paddy, another option would be for you to install VPN software and use a USA connection to get the software.  I'm in Ohio USA, but often Google sees me in Canada or Amsterdam.  Just a thought.  :)
  • paddylandau
    paddylandau Member
    @mljshield3 — Thanks for the idea, but I already tried that.

Google knows which country I'm in regardless of VPN (it's stored in the Google account), and Google allows you to change this only once every 12 months. (That's nuts, because some people move country every six months or so. I've also known people who have emigrated, and a few months later changed their mind and returned. What do they do?)

Unfortunately, the app is well and truly out of my reach, to my disappointment.
This discussion has been closed.