Home Using Simplifi Savings Goals

Savings goals

JedpJedp Member
edited April 6 in Savings Goals
Hi I'm Jed and I'm new to Simplifi and loving it so far!! Here's two questions I'm struggling with:
1) How can I create a goal to pay off a credit card? I created a goal for the cc I have that has a balance. When I contributed to it, it allocated the money in my checking account to it. How, if it can be done, can I do this without tying up my checking balance or showing the payment as spend?
2) I created a goal to contribute to my 2021 IRA. How can I show this without it looking like spend? I transfer from savings just like I do from my checking.

Best Answers

Answers

• JedpJedp Member
    Thank you Natalie! So I set up a regular auto-payment for my CC (has about $3k to go!) and a regular auto-contribution for my IRA. So it's def the staying accountable each month and accounting for it in my budget. I just don't know if I set it up as a goal or how do I account for it so it's in the savings plan? What is the right way to do it?
  • JedpJedp Member
    I am using my checking account for the IRA. OK so a recurring "bill" makes the most sense I agree - you guys are awesome (so far). Simply the best financial management software - I am a former Mint user for many years but this is exactly what I wanted! THANK YOU and I can't wait to see where you grow!
  • Coach NatalieCoach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Jedp,

Awesome! My pleasure, and please be sure to let us know if anything else pops up! :blush:

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file