Rerrange Spending Categories

First, the feature request. To be able to rearrange the tiles for the Spending Categories. They are not arranged in Alphabetical or Numerical order, and I can't rearrange them which is incredibly frustrating. I added a category, and edited my budget, so now I have "Groceries - Food" at the top of the list, but "Groceries - Alcohol" is at the bottom of the list out of sight. It's making me want to increase my budget in the second category.

Fully honestly, Simplifi is a great budgeting tool, but it feels like an alpha release. There are all kinds of features that are industry standards, or just plain good design, that are not even slightly implemented. This is only one example. I've only been using the product for 6 hours and already found lots of things I like and two near dealbreakers. The second is that I can't filter certain tags or categories out of my budget or graphs automatically. Every time I want to see my overall budget without, say, Vacation spending, I have to go in to reports, click filter, select literally every single category EXCEPT the one I want, and then go back to look at the result. It turns something that should be maybe two or three clicks into literally 30 - 40. Not only that, it's 30 - 40 clicks I have to do EVERY SINGLE TIME I want to see the data this way. I can't just leave it set to exclude those categories. 

I will continue to use it for the trial period, but honestly will probably not continue paying for it if these are still issues in a month, which I assume they will be. 

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @dogtreatfairy,

Thanks for posting your feedback to the Community; we definitely appreciate it!

In regards to the request for Spending Categories, are you referring to the Categories listed under Settings>Categories, or in the Spending Plan, or Reports, or the Dashboard, etc.? I would recommend creating an Idea post outlining the specifics of your request so that other Users can vote on it. More details and the steps to do so can be found here. Please be sure to be as detailed as possible!

In regards to having saved Filters, I would suggest adding your vote and any additional comments here -- https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/975/saved-filters-in-reports-and-registers-edited/p1?new=1

If you have any other feature requests, etc., the best way to get these seen is by creating an Idea post for each request. That way, other Users can add their votes, and our Product Team can get an idea of how many people would like to see the feature/enhancement implemented in Simplifi.

I hope this helps! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.