why does Simplifi count some funds twice on Investments tab?

brianm
brianm Member
edited May 2021 in Investments
Hi. I'm new to Simplifi. Today I connected my investment accounts at Vanguard and TIAA-Cref. On my Dashboard, Simplifi shows the correct amount, but on the Investments tab, Simplif double-counts two funds, making my investments look a LOT bigger than they are. I tried clicking on All Accounts and then unchecking the funds that Simplifi is counting twice, but when I did that, Simplifi didn't count the funds at all, making my investments look a lot smaller than they are. I don't understand if this is a bug, or if I'm just failing to understand something about Simplifi. Thank you. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @brianm,

Thank you for taking the time to post to the Community regarding this issue!

To clarify, when you connect to your banks in Simplifi, each investment account is treated as an individual account, and then each of those individual accounts would contain holdings, which would be available to view in the Investments tab. With that being said, when selecting "All Accounts" in the upper right of the Investments tab, you would have the option to deselect accounts from the view, not funds. So is it that you had duplicate accounts added in Simplifi, or are you seeing duplicate holdings displayed for some of the accounts? 

Alternatively, for real-time assistance, you may consider contacting Support directly by selecting the blue Chat icon located in the lower right of the Simplifi Web App, or by choosing "Help" from the Menu icon in the Simplifi Mobile App.

Otherwise, please let me know so I can best assist! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • brianm
    brianm Member
    Thank you for responding, and for clarifying the terminology. I'm seeing duplicate holdings displayed for some of the accounts. To make things even more confusing, the duplicate holdings are listed under multiple names--for example, a holding will be listed once according to the financial instrument (to use made-up names, they'll be listed under "international market" "Dow Jones index," or whatever) and listed a second time with just a code number (XXXXX or whatever). It's only by looking at the value of each holding that you can see that some are duplicated. Thank you again for your help. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @brianm,

Thanks for confirming!

I'd suggest first narrowing down which accounts you're seeing duplicate holdings in. You can do so by selecting "All Accounts" in the upper right of the Investments tab, and then selecting each account individually. Once you're on each individual account, you'll want to take a look at the holdings displayed while comparing to what the bank shows on their website for the same account.

If you determine that the info doesn't match what the bank shows, such as duplicate or incorrect holdings, you'll want to take a screenshot and circle or highlight the duplicate/incorrect holdings, while also capturing a screenshot of the same account's holdings displayed at the bank's website. This will give us a comparison so that we can get a better idea of what's going on, as well as what you would expect to see in Simplifi. 

Once you have those screenshots ready, let me know, and I'll email you a link to our Secure File Exchange so that you can upload them to me there. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • brianm
    brianm Member
    Thank you, Natalie. I've taken the screenshots. Please let me know how I can upload them securely. 

Thank you!
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @brianm,

I have gone ahead and emailed you a link to our Secure File Exchange -- please let me know once uploaded! Thanks! 

-Coach Natalie
  • brianm
    brianm Member
    Thank you. They're all uploaded. One really strange thing is that if you uncheck different boxes under "All Accounts," different mistakes appear! Anyway, I hope you can figure this out. I really like the Simplifi user experience otherwise.  
  • Coach Natalie
    edited May 2021
    Hello @brianm,

Thanks for uploading the screenshots!

I apologize for any confusion, however, we do need to look at this on a per-account basis. From your screenshots, I'm seeing either "All Accounts" selected in the Investments tab, or "6 Accounts", whereas, we should be looking at just one account selection at a time.

With that being said, I will need you to capture fresh screenshots -- please look at one individual account at a time in the Investments tab in Simplifi, while comparing to the same individual account on the bank's website, and capture a screenshot of any differences in holdings info between what Simplifi shows and what the bank is showing on their end. 

You may also consider contacting Support directly, as they have the ability to establish a screen sharing session with you, and can help walk you through gathering the data that we need. Otherwise, please let me know if you have any questions and/or when the new screenshots are uploaded! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • brianm
    brianm Member
    Thanks for this, Natalie. If you could email me a new link to the Secure File Exchange, I will send you one account selection at a time. If it still doesn't get us anywhere, then I'll contact Support. Hope that works for you. Thanks. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @brianm,

I have sent an email with a fresh link -- please let me know once uploaded! Thank! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • brianm
    brianm Member
    Just uploaded three screenshots (highlighting two accounts, where Simplifi mistakenly lists holdings more than once, and then highlighting the same accounts on TIAA-Cref). Thank you. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @brianm,

Thank you for uploading the additional screenshots!

I have sent a message to your Community Inbox so that we can discuss some clarifications that I have in a more private setting -- please respond to me there! Thanks! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @brianm,

Thank you for confirming everything and for providing the requested information!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated, and will be sure to post back as soon as I receive an update. :smiley:

-Coach Natalie

CTP-2146
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @brianm,

Thanks for your patience as this was being worked on!

I've received an update from my Team that the issue should now be resolved. You may need to delete and re-add the accounts to see the change, but please be sure to let me know how it goes, or if you continue to see any issues with your holdings. :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello again @brianm,

Were you able to take a look at this by chance? Please let me know, thank you! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @brianm,

I just wanted to reach out to you one last time before closing out the escalation; please be sure to let me know if you're still seeing an issue! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello again @brianm,

I did want to let you know that I have gone ahead and gotten the escalation closed out. 

Please be sure to let us know if there's anything further that I or the Community may assist with! :blush:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.