Phantom $100

Jedp
Jedp Member ✭✭
edited June 2 in Savings Goals
I accidentally assigned $100 to a savings goal from the wrong account, my checking account. I fixed it and none of my savings goals show any money coming from that account. I tried logging out and back in. It fixed it for a few minutes but then it showed back up in my list of accounts. Can you help?
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Jedp,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue!

Would you mind clarifying what's going on a little further, please? In regards to the account that you wrongly contributed from, do you have other Goal contributions from that account as well? If so, are they all missing from the Accounts List? Also, by "it showed back up in my list of accounts", are you referring to the incorrect contribution? If so, is it showing for the correct account, or the incorrect account?

Additionally, what did you do to fix the incorrect contribution? Did you go back and withdraw from the Goal back to the contributing Account? What exact steps did you take in Simplifi, and what are you expecting to see?

Please let me know so I can best assist! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Jedp
    Jedp Member ✭✭
    Hi Natalie!
    1) No that account is my regular checking account and I have no other goals linked to it.
    2) Yes I am referring to the list of accounts on a browser in the Dashboard. Under my checking account balance it shows $100 towards my savings goals. 
    3) I tried these three things to fix: A) Log out of Simplify and log back in; B) Tried it on a private window; C) I cleared the cache but left the cookies.
    4) I tried to withdraw from each of my goals $100 to my checking but it doesn't allow me because it says there is no saved balance in my checking to withdraw. When I look in my goals by account, it shows one of my goals (Jed's new Tesla, and yes lol) is linked to $100 in my checking account but when I go to withdraw for another purpose it only gives me the option of my Wealthfront savings account.
    5) I would need it to show nothing under my checking account towards savings goals; it is tying up that money which is not allocated towards the goal.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Jedp,

Thanks so much for confirming everything!

So basically, the Savings Goal allocation for that $100 accidental contribution is stuck in the Accounts List view, and you're unable to 'withdraw' any funds from that account to correct it.

I can definitely get this escalated for you, but would you mind uploading a few screenshots for me? It would be great to see the account options listed to 'withdraw' from for the Savings Goal, as well as the 'By account' view of the Savings Goals page showing that the only allocation is from the accidental contribution, and also a screenshot of the Accounts List showing that the account in question is displaying a Savings Goal allocation. I have emailed you a link to our Secure File Exchange -- please let me know once uploaded!

Also, just so it's clear when viewing the screenshots, what is the name of the account that this is occurring with in the Accounts List?

Thanks! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Jedp
    Jedp Member ✭✭
    Hi Natalie! I will get that uploaded for you; I appreciate the help! The name of the account is Chase Joint Checking.
  • Coach Blake
    Coach Blake Member, Moderator admin
    @Jedp
    Thank you! We will keep an eye out for them!

-Coach Blake
  • Jedp
    Jedp Member ✭✭
    Sorry it took me so long... uploaded. Thank you!
  • Jedp
    Jedp Member ✭✭
    edited June 5
    Hi Natalie! You'll notice I posted screen grabs for the wrong issue first. The last three I posted were for this issue. 
    SG #1 - My account list. There you can see $100 allocated for savings goals from my Chase Joint Checking account.
    SG #2 - My savings goals viewed by accounts. There you can see it shows $100 allocated from the Chase Joint Checking account to my Jed's New Tesla goal.
    SG #3 - The Jed's New Tesla goal. There you can see 100% of the $300 coming from my Wealthfront Cash account.
    You'll notice in SG #3 it only shows Wealthfront, not Chase Joint Checking. Since it only shows Wealthfront it will not allow my to withdraw it to the Chase account. So unless there is a creative way to do it I can't correct my error.
  • Coach Blake
    Coach Blake Member, Moderator admin
    Thank you @Jedp!
    I have all that I need and will get this reported to our product team and will update you here once I hear back. If you have any other questions in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach back out. 

-Coach Blake

SIMPL-9575

• Jedp
    Jedp Member ✭✭
    Thank you Blake!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file