Phantom $100

Jedp
Jedp Member ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2021 in Savings Goals
I accidentally assigned $100 to a savings goal from the wrong account, my checking account. I fixed it and none of my savings goals show any money coming from that account. I tried logging out and back in. It fixed it for a few minutes but then it showed back up in my list of accounts. Can you help?

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Jedp,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue!

Would you mind clarifying what's going on a little further, please? In regards to the account that you wrongly contributed from, do you have other Goal contributions from that account as well? If so, are they all missing from the Accounts List? Also, by "it showed back up in my list of accounts", are you referring to the incorrect contribution? If so, is it showing for the correct account, or the incorrect account?

Additionally, what did you do to fix the incorrect contribution? Did you go back and withdraw from the Goal back to the contributing Account? What exact steps did you take in Simplifi, and what are you expecting to see?

Please let me know so I can best assist! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Jedp
    Jedp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Natalie!
    1) No that account is my regular checking account and I have no other goals linked to it.
    2) Yes I am referring to the list of accounts on a browser in the Dashboard. Under my checking account balance it shows $100 towards my savings goals. 
    3) I tried these three things to fix: A) Log out of Simplify and log back in; B) Tried it on a private window; C) I cleared the cache but left the cookies.
    4) I tried to withdraw from each of my goals $100 to my checking but it doesn't allow me because it says there is no saved balance in my checking to withdraw. When I look in my goals by account, it shows one of my goals (Jed's new Tesla, and yes lol) is linked to $100 in my checking account but when I go to withdraw for another purpose it only gives me the option of my Wealthfront savings account.
    5) I would need it to show nothing under my checking account towards savings goals; it is tying up that money which is not allocated towards the goal.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Jedp,

Thanks so much for confirming everything!

So basically, the Savings Goal allocation for that $100 accidental contribution is stuck in the Accounts List view, and you're unable to 'withdraw' any funds from that account to correct it.

I can definitely get this escalated for you, but would you mind uploading a few screenshots for me? It would be great to see the account options listed to 'withdraw' from for the Savings Goal, as well as the 'By account' view of the Savings Goals page showing that the only allocation is from the accidental contribution, and also a screenshot of the Accounts List showing that the account in question is displaying a Savings Goal allocation. I have emailed you a link to our Secure File Exchange -- please let me know once uploaded!

Also, just so it's clear when viewing the screenshots, what is the name of the account that this is occurring with in the Accounts List?

Thanks! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Jedp
    Jedp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Natalie! I will get that uploaded for you; I appreciate the help! The name of the account is Chase Joint Checking.
  • Coach Blake
    Coach Blake Administrator, Moderator admin
    @Jedp
    Thank you! We will keep an eye out for them!

-Coach Blake
  • Jedp
    Jedp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry it took me so long... uploaded. Thank you!
  • Jedp
    Jedp Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Hi Natalie! You'll notice I posted screen grabs for the wrong issue first. The last three I posted were for this issue. 
    SG #1 - My account list. There you can see $100 allocated for savings goals from my Chase Joint Checking account.
    SG #2 - My savings goals viewed by accounts. There you can see it shows $100 allocated from the Chase Joint Checking account to my Jed's New Tesla goal.
    SG #3 - The Jed's New Tesla goal. There you can see 100% of the $300 coming from my Wealthfront Cash account.
    You'll notice in SG #3 it only shows Wealthfront, not Chase Joint Checking. Since it only shows Wealthfront it will not allow my to withdraw it to the Chase account. So unless there is a creative way to do it I can't correct my error.
  • Coach Blake
    Coach Blake Administrator, Moderator admin
    Thank you @Jedp!
    I have all that I need and will get this reported to our product team and will update you here once I hear back. If you have any other questions in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach back out. 

-Coach Blake

SIMPL-9575

• Jedp
    Jedp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Blake!
  • Jedp
    Jedp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just a quick follow-up to see if this is still being worked. Thank you so much! @Coach Blake
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Jedp,

Thanks for your continued patience as this is being worked on!

It looks like the Ticket is still being worked on and there are no real updates to provide at this time. Do you by chance have a screenshot of what you see when attempting to withdraw the $100 back to the account that it's showing under, i.e. showing that the account in question is not available to withdraw to?

Please let me know, as that may be very helpful for our Product Team to see! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • Jedp
    Jedp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Natalie! I do have screenshots - showing the $100 is supposed to be there but when I go to withdraw it, it doesn't exist in the account.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Jedp,

Perfect! Yes, our Team would just like to see that the account with the phantom $100 contribution is not available to withdraw to.

You can either upload that screenshot to me here, or I can email you a link to our Secure File Exchange so that you can upload it there -- totally up to you! :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • Jedp
    Jedp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Where in here can I upload a screenshot?
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Jedp,

With your Community Points, you should see the WYSIWYG editor, where there's an option to select a file from your computer:

However, you should be able to also just drag and drop the screenshot into your comment; either way works!

Please let me know if you have any questions or issues with doing so! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • Jedp
    Jedp Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie do you have a link to upload or is there a way to do that here?
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Jedp,

You can either upload the image to me here following the above-provided steps, or I can email you a link to our Secure File Exchange and you can upload it to me there. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Jedp
    Jedp Member ✭✭✭✭

So easy! Here they are!
  • Coach Natalie
    edited July 2021
    Thank you @Jedp!

I'll be in touch as soon as I receive an update! :wink:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Jedp,

Thank you for your patience as this was being worked on!

I've received an update from my Team that the issue should now be resolved -- please be sure to take a look and let me know! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello again @Jedp,

Were you able to take a look at this? Please let me know, thank you! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Jedp
    Jedp Member ✭✭✭✭
    So... interesting issue. I had a major issue with the connection to my Chase account. I tried to re-synch it but long story short it added a second Chase checking account. Then, I accidentally deleted the old one and had to start with the new one instead. Problem is this: now the "phantom" $100 is gone. I'm not sure if this was part of the fix, but I am no longer experiencing the issue. Thank you again Natalie!
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Jedp,

Oh no! Well, I'm glad that the phantom $100 contribution is at least resolved now! 

Please let us know if there's anything further that I or the Community may assist with. :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.