Simplifi Forum Images

Flopbot
Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2021 in Using the Community
Question for the Forum Admins.

As a brand new user in the Simplifi Forum, I see that you can't cut/paste an image directly into the body of your post.  Instead, you have to use an image URL; which for most people is a time-consuming, annoying, and an exceedingly techy thing to do.

In the Quicken Desktop Forum, you could simply cut/paste images directly into your post (not just attached to the post, but actually imbedded along with the words).  However, you couldn't do it till AFTER you reached some certain level as a user (ex.  you had to reach 500 points and be a Silver User...I don't remember the specifics).

Is this the case with Simplifi's Forum?  If so, what level?  As a new user, it is excedingly annoying not being able to cut/paste screenshots into a forum post.  Simplifi should want to make it as easy as possible for me to get help and a screenshot is worth a thousand words!

I don't want to have to do this every time...

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=18aXxVeXmWEr6HBysmHfoXLj5Vwx15A0e

Thank you.
Chris
Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
Brand new to Simplifi in 2021.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Flopbot,

Thank you for taking the time to post regarding the ability to upload images to the Community!

You should be able to link images once you've reached 6 points, however, it may actually be once you reach 25 points and get the WYSIWYG editor -- I am inquiring further on this. Have you tried dragging and dropping an image to a post, by chance? As far as I know, you should still be able to drag and drop, even if you're unranked. 

This post has more details on earning Community ranks: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/9/your-guide-to-community-ranks#latest

I will be sure to let you know as soon as I hear back on the ability to link images! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello @Flopbot,

Thanks for posting back with everything that you've tried, as well as for providing the video for other Users to check out!

Upon researching this a bit further, it looks like there's definitely something funky going on with the ability to link images in Community posts. I am also seeing what you mentioned in another post regarding the WYSIWYG editor appearing when first joining, and have gone ahead and reported both of these issues.

With that being said, we should see these issues resolved in the very near future, and it will become much easier to add images to your posts! :wink:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Flopbot,

Thanks for the additional feedback!

To clarify, anyone can drag and drop an image into a Community post now, even if they're unranked. There was an issue with this prior, but it has since been fixed. So for anyone else reading this, you should definitely be able to drag and drop images now! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's what I've tried...

1. I can't cut/paste directly into the post.
    2. I can't drag an image into the post.
    3. I can see the image button on my WYSIWYG editor (which currently only has two icons). When I click it, it only has the option to paste an Image URL. When I tried that, it wouldn't insert it into the post. There's no Insert button, Save button, etc. and when I clicked enter, nothing happened.

So far, the only way I've found to do it is to paste the URL directly into the body of the post...which is super annoying and - more importantly - super time consuming to create the URL.

For anyone reading this, here's the simplest way I've found to make Direct Image URLs so far:
    Chris
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Well, that was interesting, I didn't know that the community would imbed the video in the body of the post, now if that would just happen with images. :p
    Chris
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

To wrap this up, after I hit 25 points in the community, I could see this button.  While it would be awesome if you could literally just cut/paste an image into the body of the post, this Choose Files is a workable solution.  Note, I do not know if the insert URL works yet...I don't have any intention on using it going forward so someone else can test it if they wish.

P.S. I DO still recommend that Simplifi consider making the Insert an image: "Choose File" portion of the WYSIWYG editor available to everyone with 0 points...even if everything else remains hidden  As a new user, you want us to get up to speed as quickly as possible and a screenshot in the community is worth a thousand words.
    Chris
This discussion has been closed.