Looking for workaround to recurring Savings Goal transactions.

Flopbot
Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2021 in Savings Goals
Greetings,

Has anyone found a workaround for entering automated, recurring Savings Goal Transactions. For example, lets say I have $200 come out of each and every paycheck (every two weeks).

What I want to schedule:

- $100 contribution to "Car Replacement" Savings Goal
- $50 contribution to "Home Improvement" Savings Goal
- $20 contribution to "Appliance Replacement" Savings Goal
- $10 contribution to "Computer Replacement" Savings Goal
- $10 contribution to "Education Fund" Savings Goal
- $10 contribution to "Whatever Fund" Savings Goal

I know there's currently no built-in way to schedule these transactions automatically on a recurring basis. However, has anyone found a less painful workaround?

Thanks in advance!
Chris
Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
Brand new to Simplifi in 2021.

Best Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Flopbot,

Thanks for taking the time to post to the Community!

Hopefully some other Users come along with great feedback and suggestions for you! In the meantime, I'd suggest following along with an existing Idea post requesting Recurring Transactions for Savings Goals, and to make them a part of the Spending Plan.

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/382/recurring-transaction-for-savings-goals-and-make-it-a-part-of-my-spending-plan-edited/p1?new=1

I'm not sure exactly what this will look like, or if automatic contributions will be a part of it, however, we definitely hope to see some progress made in this area of the program! More to come! :wink:

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• bc34
    bc34 Member
    I second this. I would like to set money aside for car maintenance, tires, etc. every month. 
This discussion has been closed.