Simplifi's Unwritten Rules

Flopbot
Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2021 in Getting Started
Greetings,

Has anyone picked out any unwritten rules when using Simplifi? Things that they don't necessarily tell you, but that make working with the software much easier / less frustrating.

Over my years of using Quicken, I have several that I've come up with for Quicken such as:

1. NEVER assign spent money to Level 1 (parent categories) if a Level 2 (sub-category) exists.
2. If using the mobile app, only use two (2) levels of categories. [Using 3 levels messes up the pie charts.]
3. Enter "Savings Goal" transactions from the "Planning" tab or "Bills" module, NOT from the register. [Causes glitchiness.]
4. NEVER use "Savings Goals" with checking accounts. [Projected balances don't work.]
5. Don't enter transactions into one (1) "Savings Goal" from multiple bank accounts.

Does anyone have anything like this for Simplifi? It would be nice to know them in advance for a change instead of learning them through trial and error.
Chris
Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
Brand new to Simplifi in 2021.

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Flopbot,

Thanks for posting!

I'm not coming up with anything to contribute here off the top of my head, but hopefully someone else comes along with some feedback to provide. I'd be interested to hear some of these myself! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.