Cannot Track Checking Account Balance

jondehen
jondehen Member
edited July 9 in Using Reports
I would like to track the balance of a checking account exactly like the Savings Report feature works.  I can only select savings accounts.

Use case:
Multiple checking accounts, with one primary as ingress and two separate accounts as personal accounts.  Personal accounts are only funded via transfers from the primary checking account.  These transactions do not show up under income as they are transfers.  I would like to, for example, see how much per month was transferred, and additionally, how much over the course of a set timeframe.  (how much was added to this account in the past 6 months?)

Transfers (by default) are hidden from reports and spending plans, but even unhiding them, I cannot get the transactions to pull in on any tab under Reports.

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @jondehen,

Thank you for taking the time to post to the Community, and welcome to Simplifi!

Unfortunately, Simplifi does not currently allow 'Transfers' to pull into Reports, even if they're marked to not be ignored. Hopefully some other Users come along with advice on how they've handled this type of scenario in Simplifi, however, you may also consider creating an Idea post requesting the ability to include 'Transfers' in Reports.

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/998/creating-and-voting-for-ideas-in-the-community

Please let me know if you have any questions! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.