USAA connection always asks for authentication

Ryon
Ryon Member
Why doesn't Simplifi use the same method to connect to USAA that Quicken does, with the PIN? Simplify is constantly asking me to enter my credentials and then sends me a one-time passcode in order to update my USAA transactions (and connecting as a biller doesn't work at all)

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Ryon,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I apologize that you're experiencing connectivity issues with USAA in Simplifi.

To clarify, Simplifi connects to banks a bit differently than Quicken, and we do not support any Direct Connect connections whatsoever. With that being said, however, you definitely should not have to re-enter your credentials each time you attempt to update your USAA account(s) in Simplifi.

Is it possible that this is being caused by some form of MFA that you have enabled with USAA? Also, just to make sure, you do have to enter your credentials each time you update the account(s) in Simplifi, in addition to being sent and entering a one-time passcode, correct? 

Additionally, what option did you select from the bank list when originally adding your USAA account(s)? And has this issue occurred since initially connecting the account(s) in Simplifi, or is this new behavior?

Please let me know so I can best assist! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Ryon
    Ryon Member
    @"Coach Natalie"

Yeah, this appears to be because of MFA.

You should consider connecting to banks the same way as Quicken, which has always been ultra-reliable.
This discussion has been closed.