Cannot add Ally.com savings account

Bryce
Bryce Member
I submit my information, but never receive a secure code from ally.
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Bryce,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties connecting to Ally Bank in Simplifi.

To clarify, is this your first time attempting to connect to Ally Bank in Simplifi, or do you already have connected account(s) and are looking to add a savings account specifically? Also, what option are you selecting from the bank list when attempting to connect?

Would you mind providing a step-by-step of what specifically occurs when attempting to connect to Ally Bank in Simplifi, i.e. what method you're selecting to receive the security code, what happens afterward, etc.? 

Please let me know so I can best assist! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Bryce
    Bryce Member
    First time adding Ally. USAA is already linked. I click accounts, add, type in Ally, choose the first option, Ally bank, enter username and password, and then am prompted that I’ll get a security code to enter. I never get the code to validate and so I can’t proceed.
  • Bryce
    Bryce Member
    I don’t get an option for how to verify. It’s only the phone.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Bryce,

Thanks for confirming!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated, and will be sure to post back as soon as I receive an update. :smiley:

-Coach Natalie

CTP-2464
  • Bryce
    Bryce Member
    Thank you.
  • Bryce
    Bryce Member
    Any updates?
  • Coach Natalie
    edited August 11
    Hello @Bryce,

Thanks for the inquiry, although I'm sorry that I don't have an update to provide on this as of yet.

I anticipate that it will at least be a couple of weeks before an update becomes available, but I will definitely be sure to reach back out as soon as I see one.

I hope this helps! :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • Bryce
    Bryce Member
    I think it has to do with 2 factor authentication. That’s a good place to start looking.
  • Coach Natalie
    edited September 9
    Hello @Bryce,

Thank you for your patience as this is being worked on!

I've heard back from my Team on the escalation and they're wondering if you're attempting to connect to Ally Bank or Ally Financial, as it looks like you've been able to add your 'Emergency Funds' account with Ally Financial in Simplifi. They'd like me to clarify with you -- can you confirm for me, please?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello again @Bryce,

Were you able to take a look at this, by chance? I do need to confirm this information with you before we'll be able to continue working on the escalation, so please let me know. Thanks!

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Bryce,

I just wanted to reach out one last time before closing out the escalation, so please be sure to let me know if you're still seeing an issue.

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello again @Bryce,

I did want to let you know that we went ahead and closed out the escalation.

Please let us know if there's anything further that I or the Community may assist with! :blush:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.