Issue when entering categories

Flopbot
Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
Greetings,

I've been entering A LOT of categories recently and came across this bug.  It's more of an annoyance than anything.

When adding a new category, I...
  1. Copy the name of my category from a Google Spreadsheet I keep to the computer's clipboard.
  2. Click the blue [ + Category ] button in Simplifi.
  3. Paste my new category's name into the first field.
  4. Click the [ TAB ] keyboard button to move to the Subcategory of field.

About ever other time, Simplifi's screen cycles (saving something?) and my new category disappears.  When I search for it, it hasn't been added.  When I repeat Step #2 again, it lets me finish the process of entering my category as normal.  It doesn't ever seem to do it two times in a row...maybe about every other new category.

I don't know if it has something to do with the number of categories I have, but it does appear to have gotten worse as I've added more categories.  Maybe I'm just noticing it more.
Chris
Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
Brand new to Simplifi in 2021.
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited August 2021
    Hello @Flopbot,

Thank you for taking the time to report this behavior to the Community!

When attempting to replicate this, I was only able to make this occur when tabbing all the way through every field until it was past the blue checkmark, however, when I just tabbed to the 'Subcategory of' field and then hit enter on my keyboard, the Category saved properly every single time. I even tested tabbing all the way over to the blue checkmark and hitting enter from there and it saved.

With that being said, is it possible that you're tabbing all the way over to where you're no longer on any of the fields for the new Category? What action do you take once tabbing over to the 'Subcategory of' field?

Please let me know so I can best assist! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me,  the category disappears on the first Tab...from the CATEGORY field to the SUBCATEGORY field.
    Chris
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Flopbot,

Thanks for confirming!

Since I'm unable to replicate this behavior, would you mind taking a video of what you're seeing so that my Team can get a better idea of what's going on?

Thanks! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, I just did some tests and it wasn't doing it this time.  Whatever the glitch is, it is rather sporadic so when/if I see it again, I'll try to get a video or something.
    Chris
This discussion has been closed.