Ability to rearrange Planned Spending/Spending Plan items (edited)

JTerbeek
JTerbeek Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Feature Requests

I’d like to have to the ability to rearrange the order of my watchlist, spending plan and especially goals

60 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @JTerbeek,

Thank you for posting your feature request to the Community!

We do already have an existing request for the ability to rearrange Savings Goals -- https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/1531/rearrange-savings-goals#latest

With that being said, please add your vote there for that ability, and I have gone ahead and edited this request to include just Watchlist and Spending Plan Items. :smile:

-Coach Natalie 
  • chimoe
    chimoe Member
    edited August 2021
    Hello,

new user to Smplifi.  I noticed there is some limitations to the spending plan page.  (both web app and iOS)

1 - The tiles are very large and take up so much real-estate.  is there a way to have a more compact view of this?    I've attached some image examples I think would make sense. 

2 - sorting options would be great:  example: largest spent, overbudget, or allocation. Right now, it's sorted by the add date which is not ideal.  Would be great if we can add some ability to organize by these metrics. 

example of more compact designs for planned spending page. 

• carseph
    carseph Member ✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Please consider adding the ability to sort the items on the Planned Spending page. Options could include: Custom (drag & drop), Category (all Auto, all Home etc), Alphabetically, Status (over spending target, at spending target, below spending target). Thanks
  • Yes this would be fantastic. I have about 2 dozen planned spending categories and its really tedious to need to scroll through all of them. I'd love for them to show in a group or be able to drag and drop.
  • Yes please!
  • Please Simplifi, do this! Offering a more compressed list view would also be great.
  • AZSharps
    AZSharps Member ✭✭
    I want to be able to rearrange all plan items
  • Tally Tim
    Tally Tim Member
    Please allow this.  It should be a simple click and drag to order the "Planned Spending" icons in an order that makes sense to the user, rather than having them locked in the order they were created.  
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    One down, two to go!

It would be great to see this ability expanded to "Planned Spending" (vote above!) and "Savings Goals" (click here to vote)!

Thanks Simplifi for adding it to Watchlists!
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • yes! Please let us alphabetize them to make it easier to scroll through all of the categories.  
  • guf467
    guf467 Member

Will you please add the functionality to sort or alphabetize the Categories we can add to the Planned Spending portion of the Spending Plan? I have added several categories for the planned spending, and in order to re-sort them or alphabetize them I was told by a Simplifi “Coach” I would have to delete them and re-add them in order to sort them alphabetically.

• guf467
    guf467 Member

Please add this functionality as soon as possible. I have really enjoyed the Spending Plan option, but to not be able to sort, re-organize, alphabetize is really inconvenient.

• Is there an update on if this suggestion is being considered?

• Coach Natalie

Hello @Papa Geno/Nana Nancy,

Thanks for reaching out!

If you navigate to the very first post in this thread, you'll see that the Idea status is "Active", meaning that the Idea is not being considered for implementation at this time, but is still open to votes and feedback. Once an update becomes available for this request, we'll be sure to update the status accordingly, so please be sure to continue following along here for future updates.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Bumping this idea because I’d love to see it universally.

Unfortunately, after looking into my post above from October 2022, it looks like the ability to sort [ Date Created, Alphabetically, Yearly Total (High to Low), Yearly Total (Low to High) ] only applies to the Web App, not the Mobile App. Since the Mobile App is where I go to get quick answers, this isn’t ideal and it causes momentary user confusion/frustration; the two really need to match, at least.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • BoyMom
    BoyMom Member

Please make the Spending Plan categories organizable. Once you add a category you are not able to rearrange. They are there in the order you add them and when you have many, it's difficult to manage. I feel it's key to have a sort feature at minimum or to have them default to alphabetical order.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭

Rather than adding the ability to reorganize them (which I suspect would be a fairly complicated piece of code) I'd rather have a search bar like there is in other areas of the app, that allows me to type in a category and filter the results of the page. Most of that functionality already exists and seems like it would be much simpler to implement.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

oops.. I meant vote here

[removed link to self-referencing thread]

Rob Wilkens

• pawebb
    pawebb Member ✭✭✭

I see the ability to sort was added to the Watch List. If the same ability is added to Goals and Spending Plan I would ask that emoji options be added as well. Since emojis are not a part of the other two areas if they are added to the name it would affect the sort order.

• Coach Natalie

Hello All,

Since the ability to sort Watchlists has been added to the Quicken Simplifi Web App, and since it sounds like most users in this thread are looking for the ability to sort or rearrange Planned Spending items specifically, I went ahead and edited this request to cover just the Planned Spending/Spending Plan portion of things. Please let me know if there are any objections!

If anyone would like to see the ability to sort Watchlist items be added to the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App, please be sure to vote here:

-Coach Natalie

• I like the spending plan display, however, the categories are fixed to display in alphabetical order only. Both on the dashboard and in the spending plan screen.

I would like to be able to customize the display order to show:

-which categories have the least amount left in the current month or are over. That way I can see at a glance which spending categories I am "in trouble" with.

-order by total amount (i.e. biggest to smallest or smallest to biggest)

-or even perhaps a custom order. like with a drag-and-drop. for example, this month I'm interested in seeing my Gifts category, because I know I'm going to be buying gifts for Christmas. So it would be nice to have that one always at the top.

You get the idea.

• The presentation of spending plan budgets appears to be random with categories not presented in alphabetical order, and sub-categories not presented near the related parent categories. My suggestion is that the tiles present in the order by which the categories are defined in settings, and that the sub categories present under their parent categories also in the order defined in settings. It would also help to be able to have a category label as a heading for the spending plan or budgets to follow. The current view while it can function is for me quite confusing and disorganized.

In the end, I most want to see an efficient and condensed list of my monthly budget showing both income and expense category and then sub-category, along with the amount received or spent and the planned amout remaining. This most useful and basic presentation is not available anywhere, even in the reporting area. Please consider providing users with this presentation. Thank you very much for considering.

• I'd like the ability to re-order the spending plan tiles either ascending / descending dollar value or by parent classification (ie. Automobile categories grouped together, Home grouped together, etc.).

Ideally, we could also have the ability to select or drag/ drop in any order we like - similar to the infolets on the homepage of Simplifi.

• Please add an option to sort the Planned Spending items created in two ways:

1. Alphabetically ascending/descending
    2. By amount in ascending/descending

• It is absolutely wild that you STILL can't rearrange or even sort Planned Spending categories. Mint had this feature forever.

• MAK
    MAK Member

yes, these customizable view options would be greatly appreciated.

• Oleksander
    Oleksander Member ✭✭

We should be able to rearrange/reorder the Planned Spending categories.

There should also be a compact view.

It's concerning that it's been 2 years and these haven't been implemented; as far as I'm concerned these are necessary features for any budgeting application.

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'd like this a lot! And I would also like if there were a few "size options" to choose from for the Spending Plan tiles.