Sending Notifications to Two (2) People

Flopbot
Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭
Greetings, 

Is there a way to send notifications (email and/or text message) to two people? For example I want my wife to receive text messages when our Spending Plan  and Watchlists hit their limit. I'm the primary user of Simplifi.

Thanks

Chris
Chris
Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
Brand new to Simplifi in 2021.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Flopbot,

Thanks for visiting the Community and posting your inquiry!

At this time, there is not currently a way to send Notifications to two people, or to add a second phone number or email address to your Simplifi Account. We do have an existing Idea post requesting this ability that would be great to have your vote on! 

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/1013/allow-multiple-mobile-phone-numbers-for-notifications-edited/p1?new=1

However, you should be able to receive Push Notifications to whichever mobile devices you're signed in at, so if you're signed into the Simplifi Mobile App on more than one device, each of those devices would receive those Push Notifications. 

I hope this helps! :blush:

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie

I voted for that idea.  Thanks for sharing.  I'll look to see if the push notifications are set up for her device and functioning normally.  My wife has an iPad and Simplifi doesn't have a native iPad app.  As a result, the experience is somewhat lousy so I deleted the app a few days ago after just creating a shortcut to the Web App...which doesn't send push notifications.

I reinstalled the Simplifi App and will continue to play around.
    Chris
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie

To close this loop, I did end up confirming that the push notifications are working!  So, for anyone that's following along or might need a similar setup...

On my wife's iPad, I added a Web App link (NOT the Simplify App) to the homepage and that is what we'll use for her to check the the spending plan levels.  Essentially, it just goes directly to the Simplify website.  Then, I downloaded the Simplify App on the same iPad and hid the icon since it will never get used.  The only reason it exists is so my wife can receive push notifications when we get close to going over on the Spending Plan and Watchlist things.

While Simplifi still should consider adding a more integrated way of handling this sort of situation, this seems like a decent enough workaround for now.  We'll see how it goes long term.

Thank you.
    Chris
This discussion has been closed.