Unable to add Custom Cash Card with Citi (edited)

Gregg
Gregg Member
edited September 13 in Adding and Updating Accounts
I have two Citi credit cards (Double Cash & Custom Cash).  When I try to add them to Simplifi it will pull back only Double Cash  (after repeated attempts over several weeks including deleting all Citi accounts and starting from scratch).  But I have a reminder for my Custom Cash debit from my checking account, and when I use the Connect Biller function there, it will pull back both Citi accounts.  
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Gregg,

Thank you for reporting this to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties connecting one of your Citi Card accounts in Simplifi.

To clarify, how long has this issue been occurring? Have you ever been able to add this account to Simplifi? Also, what option are you selecting from the bank list when attempting to add the missing account?

We also have an ongoing issue for Citi that suggests attempting to connect later on in the day -- I know that you're not receiving the 102 error indicated on the Alert, however, I did want to make sure that you've at least waited until later on in the day to attempt to add the account just to make sure that the known issue isn't impacting your ability to do so. 

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/2007/new-8-3-21-citibank-and-citi-cards-returns-a-102-error/p1?new=1

Please let me know so I can best assist! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Gregg
    Gregg Member
    I have been trying for about two months now.  After I click on "Add" I subsequently click on the Citi logo that automatically populates.  It does pull back the one account, Double Cash.  If I leave that one account listed with Simplifi and subsequently try to "Add" with Citi again it returns the message: "You have already added all your accounts at this bank."
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Gregg,

Thanks for confirming and for providing the steps!

It looks like the quick link for Citi uses the option listed as 'Citibank', so let's try connecting to 'Citi Cards' to see if that allows you to add the missing account. So instead of using the quick link, go ahead and start typing "Citi" into the search bar after selecting "Add", and then choose the option listed as 'Citi Cards'.

Please let me know how it goes! Fingers crossed! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • Gregg
    Gregg Member
    Followed your suggestion.  It pulled back the same account again.  So now that Double Cash account is listed twice on the Dashboard.   On the Account list they are listed under different institution names.  One is listed under Citibank with the logo displaying.  And then a separate institution listing of Citi Cards (with only a generic logo).  In neither case did it pull in the second of my two Citi accounts.  But as I said earlier, when I use the Connect Biller function with a reminder, it will pull back both accounts.  Just can't get that second account to display on the Dashboard.  
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Gregg,

Thank you for attempting the steps and posting back, although I'm sorry to hear that you were still unable to add the missing account.

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as I receive an update. In regards to the duplicate account, you can go ahead and delete it so that you have just the one Double Cash account added to Simplifi. More details on deleting a duplicate account can be found here. :blush:

-Coach Natalie

CTP-2549
  • ckib16
    ckib16 Member
    edited August 30
    Just adding that I have this exact same situation:
    • 2 Citi credit cards that I want to track in Simplifi (Double Cash & Custom Cash). 
    • Existing "Double cash" has always worked fine with Simplifi.
    • Trying to connect the new "Custom Cash" card never works using either 'Citibank' or 'Citicards' connection methods. 
    • Using 'Citibank' connection method: error message of "You have already added all your accounts at this bank."
    • Using 'Citi cards' connection method: only the existing "Double Cash" account is shown. "Custom Cash" is not shown.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @ckib16,

Thanks for reporting this to the Community, although I apologize that you're also experiencing this issue in Simplifi.

I have gone ahead and added your information to the Ticket, so please be sure to follow along here for updates. I will also let you know if I need any further info from you. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • ckib16
    ckib16 Member
    Sounds good @Coach Natalie

FYI - I contacted Citi and got nowhere. The Citi help desk rep said to talk to you (Simplifi).

I also tried unlinking/re-linking my card on the Citi.com site (outside of Simplifi) just to see if that affected anything. “Services” link at the top of Citi.com page > "Credit Card Services" > "Link/Unlink Citi Credit Card" 

But no luck...
  • I don’t have 2 CITI cards, but the one I have I get the same errors! It will not add the card!
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @jmcgowan_33,

Thank you for taking the time to report this to the Community, although I apologize that you're experiencing difficulties connecting to your Citi credit card in Simplifi.

To clarify, what is the specific error message that you're receiving in Simplifi? Have you ever had this account connected, or is it a new account? Also, how long has the issue been occurring, and what option are you selecting from the bank list for Citi when attempting to add the account?

Please let me know so I can best assist!

-Coach Natalie
  • Sstrico
    Sstrico Member
    For those of you who have Citi Double Cash card that works, what is the financial institution that you use within Simplifi to connect?  Is it Citi Cards, or some other?  I have a new Double Cash card and I have not been able to set it up, so I'm trying to verify I am using the correct financial institution.  I am pretty sure it is Citi Cards, based on the url, but so far I can't get it to work.
  • ckib16
    ckib16 Member
    @Sstrico - I've tried both CitiCards and CitiBank as financial institutions, no luck with either. Said I "already have all cards form that institution." I've called Citi customer service as well but they couldn't help and said to talk to Simplifi.
  • Gregg
    Gregg Member
    I just click on the Citi logo which auto populates.  It goes to: https://online.citibank.com/US/Welcome.c

Have never had trouble with Double Cash.  It works fine.  Only Custom Cash has been an issue.
  • AlexB
    AlexB Member
    edited September 29
    Same issue for months!!! Have Costco Citi Anywhere that Simplify is able to see. And have new Custom Cash that Simplify doesn't see. 
    [removed - profanity] up. I also do not see it in Personal Capital etc. Only [removed] is able to see both cards. And as with others Citi ignores my complaints, they have pretty unprofessional support.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @AlexB,

Thank you for reporting this to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're also unable to add the Custom Cash Card with Citi to Simplifi.

I have gone ahead and added your information to the escalation -- please be sure to follow along here for any updates! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello All,

Thanks for your continued patience as this issue is being researched.

We had another User who was recently unable to add his Double Cash Card with Citi due to similar circumstances, but has since been able to connect the account in Simplifi by following some steps that he provided here: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/comment/5667/#Comment_5667

It sounds like signing out of Citi's website after granting the third-party access, but before attempting to connect in Simplifi was the key. I suggest anyone experiencing the issue outlined in this post also follow these steps to see if they work!

Please let me know how it goes! :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    edited October 8
    Hello @Gregg, @ckib16, & @AlexB,

Thank you all for your patience as this issue is being worked on!

I've received an update from my Team that a fix has been implemented for this -- would you all mind attempting to add your Custom Cash Card with Citi once again in Simplifi and let me know how it goes, please?

-Coach Natalie
  • ckib16
    ckib16 Member
    @Coach Natalie

Unfortunatley no change.

Add Account > "Citibank" > "You have already added all your accounts at this bank."
    Add Account > "Citi Cards > Only shows my Double Cash card; Custom Cash card is not shown
  • Gregg
    Gregg Member
    Yes, I was able to add the Citi Custom Cash Card to Simplify this morning.  Thank you!
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Gregg,

Awesome news -- thanks for getting back to me!

@ckib16, I'm sorry that you're still experiencing an issue! I have let the Team know and will get back in touch with you if we need any further info, or as soon as I receive an update. :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    edited October 12
    Hello again @ckib16,

My Team is requesting a screenshot of your Accounts Summary page on Citi's website showing the accounts that you hold there, including the account that you're unable to connect in Simplifi. If you'd like, I can email you a link to our Secure File Exchange so that you can upload that to me privately -- just let me know, please!

-Coach Natalie
  • ckib16
    ckib16 Member
    @Coach Natalie - here you go - redacted account info & totals. I just have the two credit cards: Custom Cash and Double Cash. No other Citi accounts (no checking, savings, loans etc.)

Double Cash has always worked fine
    Custom Cash never shows up

• Coach Natalie
    Thank you @ckib16 -- I'll be in touch!

@AlexB, are you still experiencing an issue adding your Custom Cash Card? Please let me know, thanks!

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file