Ability to Ignore part of a split transaction [edited] (2 Merged Votes)

buncha
buncha Member
edited May 12 in Feature Requests
Thanks for the split transactions feature, it works pretty well. I’d like to suggest the ability to hide individual items from spending plans and reports. For example, I create a split transaction for my paychecks and I track my taxes, insurance and 401k contributions. But I’d like to hide 401k contributions since they’re not really expenses. 
13 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭
    Agreed. I have the same thing with my retirement plan.
    Steve
    Simplifi since 11/2021
    Quicken since 2009
    Microsoft Money 1991-2009
  • +1 - I also have this issue.  My workaround is to convert all my paycheck splits to individual transactions and then ignore the items I do not want in my Spending Plan (401K, benefits).  This creates a lot of needless transactions.    
  • cczh
    cczh Member
    Ability to hide part of a transaction from your spending report. For instance when you do group pays on your card for dinner but will be expecting a refund / should not count to your spending category. 
  • I split a lot of expenses with my husband. It would be great to be able to hide his half from my spending plan. I’ve been adding transactions to show his half being “paid” back, but it can be time consuming and is not really an accurate reflection of the what’s happening. 
  • ncapone
    ncapone Member
    edited May 12
    My wife and I use a shared credit card and I split all of our credit card purchases in half using the split transaction feature. To get a better understanding of my personal spending (aka exclude her portion of our credit card charges), I would like the option to ignore her portion of the split transaction. It would be very beneficial if we had the option to ignore splits within a split transaction.
  • MrGood
    MrGood Member ✭✭✭
    Would love to have this feature. Like OP, I also itemize my paychecks and currently my 401k contributions come across in reports as expenses, which is not ideal.