Unable to add Double Cash Card with Citi (edited)

System
System Administrator admin
edited September 13 in Adding and Updating Accounts
This discussion was created from comments split from: Can't get Citi account to load..

Comments

• Sstrico
    Sstrico Member
    I am having the same issue.  I just received a new Citi card last week (double cash card) and I can't get it to set up in Simplifi.  I receive an FDP-102 error.  Citi does have a security feature that allows you to add a desktop App or web app to connect.  You go to the Security section and select Allow Access.  You then have 10 minutes to set up your connection.  I followed this process, then tried to connect and still received the error 102.  I tried both the CitiBank and Citi Cards financial institutions within Simplifi.  I am having the same issues using Quicken (I am trying out Simplifi to possibly replace Quicken).  When I tried again to connect, I received error code FDP-103.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Sstrico,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties adding a new Citi credit card to Simplifi.

Since this is occurring on a different card than the others reporting an issue with Citi, and since you're receiving a 102 error specifically, it sounds like you're actually being impacted by our known issue with Citibank and Citi Cards -- we have a Community Alert that can be followed here for updates: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/2007/ongoing-8-3-21-citibank-and-citi-cards-returns-a-102-error/p1?new=1

The issue does seem to occur intermittently so we definitely suggest continuing to try adding the account, particularly outside of morning hours. Fingers crossed that you can get it added! Otherwise, please be sure to let us know if you continue to see an issue after the Alert has been marked as resolved. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Sstrico
    Sstrico Member
    Thank you, I'll keep trying.  I have also received error 103, FYI.  And, just now when I tried to add the account, I received error:  QCS-0429-2
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Sstrico,

Thanks for posting back!

With that QCS-0429-2 error, we actually recommend that you abstain from attempting to connect to the bank for 24 hours to see if it'll clear up. With that being said, I'd suggest allowing at least 24 hours before attempting to add the account once again. If you're still seeing an issue after doing so, please let me know what error you're receiving at that time, and we'll go from there. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Sstrico
    Sstrico Member
    So, I waited 24 hours and tried again (4 PM Pacific, so not in the morning hours).  Now I am getting an error 103.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Sstrico,

Thank you for waiting the allotted time and posting back, although I'm sorry to hear that the issue persists.

It looks like, at this point, you're consistently receiving a 103 error from the backend as well, which is an invalid credentials error. You'll want to start troubleshooting this by following these steps:
    1. Verify the bank being selected -- There may be several different versions of the same bank in the Add Account bank list, so be sure you're selecting the correct one. If you're not sure, compare the URL's shown for each bank.

2. Verify your login information – Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Simplifi to ensure accuracy.

3. Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.

4. Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app-password when connecting to a third-party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.

5. Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Simplifi.

More details on a 103 error can be found here. Please let me know how it goes! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Sstrico
    Sstrico Member
    I have tried all of the above several times and nothing is working.
  • Sstrico
    Sstrico Member
    As an update, I got off the phone with Citi and they confirmed there is no app-specific password.  I only have to go through the Allow Desktop Access process, which I have done each time.  Login credentials are identical to logging in to their web site.  I verified the url, which is online.citi.com when I am logged in to my account on the Citi web site.  This corresponds to the Citi Cards financial institution within Simplifi.  I have tried some of the others as well.  I have verified my login credentials multiple times - typing them in and also copying and pasting from my password manager (LastPass).  I have changed my password as well.  I can't believe it is this difficult - this really getting frustrating.
  • Sstrico
    Sstrico Member
    Another update...I tried disabling the 2-step authentication (text message to cell phone) on my Citi Double Cash card account and that didn't work either.  I am certain at this point that the issue is not a credentials issue - I am using the exact same username and password that enables me to log in to the Citi web site.
  • Coach Natalie
    edited September 13
    Hello @Sstrico,

Thank you for attempting the steps and posting back, although I'm sorry to hear that the trouble persists, as well as for the frustration that you're experiencing.

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated so that we can research and figure out what's going on. I'll be sure to post back as soon as I receive an update! :blush:

-Coach Natalie

CTP-2644
  • Sstrico
    Sstrico Member
    As an update, I am getting code QCS-0429-2 now.  This is even after waiting a full 7 days before trying to add the account again.  At this point I have added a manual account and am downloading transactions to a CSV file and importing them.  It works, but is not very efficient.
  • Sstrico
    Sstrico Member
    Finally!  I have this working now with the CitiCards financial institution.  Here is what I think happened:  When I tried to connect before, I first logged in to my Citi account and activated the Desktop Apps Access, which gave me 10 minutes to connect with Simplifi.  However, I remained logged in to my CitiCards account while I tried to connect.  This time, I activated the Desktop Apps Access within Citi - then I logged out of my Citi account before trying to connect with Simplifi, and it finally worked.  I am speculating that Citi does not allow a connection when you are already logged in on their web site - perhaps a security measure?  Anyway, wanted to let you know in case anyone runs in to a similar issue - tell them to make sure they are not already logged in to their Citi account when they try to connect with Simplifi.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Sstrico,

Yay! I'm glad to hear that you were able to get the account added, and we also definitely appreciate the information, as it very well may help other Users. 

I did go ahead and get the escalation closed out -- please let us know if there's anything further that we can assist with! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • ckib16
    ckib16 Member
    edited October 7
    Unfortunately I tried but no luck.

CITI.com website steps:
    1. CITI.com login > Profile > More Settings > Manage Desktop Apps > Add Access
    2. Sign out of Citi.com website
    Simplifi.com website steps:
    1. Add account > "Citi" option           = "All accounts found, try another bank?"
    2. Add account > "Citi Cards" option = just shows my already linked Double Cash card, not the desired Custom Cash card 
    I also tried steps while remaining signed in on CITI.com (skipping step #2), but no luck.
  • Gregg
    Gregg Member
    I had tried this option previously to no avail.  Tried again just now and it still doesn't work.
  • Gregg
    Gregg Member
    I also use another Total View type website, and it DOES manage to pull in both Citi accounts with no problem.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file