Mobile App - Add Manual Account Defaults to Previous Day

purdnost
purdnost Member ✭✭✭
edited September 9 in Report a Bug
When adding a manual account, the default date for the opening balance defaults to the previous day. So, for example, it’s 10:40 MST on September 8, but it’s defaulting to September 7.

I’m guessing this may have something to do with a time zone glitch in the app.

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @purdnost,

Thank you for posting your issue to the Community, although I apologize that you're experiencing this behavior on the Simplifi Mobile App.

I'm unable to replicate this behavior when creating a Manual Account under Settings>Accounts, as well as when creating a Manual Account from the Accounts page -- the default date that pops up is today's date, as expected. I am also in Mountain Time and haven't ever personally noticed any issues with dates or anything along those lines when using the Mobile App.

With that being said, does this behavior occur on the Web App as well? If not, I would suggest fully uninstalling and then reinstalling the Simplifi Mobile App, while performing a device reboot in between. I would also double-check to make sure that your time zone settings are correct and up-to-date on your mobile device.

If you're still seeing an issue, please capture a video of what's occurring so that I can share it with my Product Team since we're unable to reproduce it ourselves. Please also be sure to include the make, model, and OS of your mobile device.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • purdnost
    purdnost Member ✭✭✭

My two experiences with this issue have occurred close to midnight, so perhaps that’s the key! And by close, I mean maybe 30-45 minutes beforehand.
  • Coach Natalie
    edited September 9
    Hello @purdnost,

Gotcha!

Well, if you see the issue pop back up at any point, you're definitely more than welcome to record a video of the behavior and upload it to me so that we can take a closer look. Otherwise, I don't think I'll be making it up until midnight any time soon lol. 

Thanks again! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • purdnost
    purdnost Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 13
    @Coach Natalie,

You knew I would come through.

Here is a screenshot taken today (9/10) from my mobile app on iOS. You can see the time in the top-left corner. Interestingly, the date in the background is correct, but the default one in the foreground date picker is yesterday.

Furthermore, if I select the date it gives me (9/9), it shows as 9/9 in the field, but if I tap on it again the date it suggests is now the 9/8. So, it’s suggesting the day before whatever day is pre-filled in the data field.

Let me know if you need anything else. Oh, the web version doesn’t have this issue. And again, this appears to only happen in the late hours of the day. Don’t have an exact window though.

• Coach Natalie
    Hello @purdnost,

Thanks for providing a screenshot!

I have gone ahead and gotten this reported to my Team and will be sure to post back as soon as I receive an update. Just in case they need it, would you mind providing me with the make and model of your mobile device, as well as the OS, please?

Thanks! 

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-10578
  • purdnost
    purdnost Member ✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie,

Apple iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14.8

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file