Option to stop showing the pop up to assign a "New Category rule" (1 Merged Vote)

JKR
JKR Member
edited September 2021 in Feature Requests
Every time I assign category to a transaction, I keep getting a pop up that asks for New category rule. It is very annoying. Can we have an option to stop showing it each and every time I update a category on a transaction?
11 votes

Completed · Last Updated

The Rule Suggestion prompt can be disabled by deselecting the checkbox next to the "Create a rule to also rename this payee for future transactions" option when editing or entering the Payee of a downloaded transaction, or by deselecting the checkbox next to the "Create a rule to also use this category for future transactions" option when editing or entering the Category of a downloaded transaction, whichever applies.

Comments

• asubbaiyanprof
    asubbaiyanprof Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    I agree it's annoying; by default, the checkbox to create the rule should be off, but you can uncheck it, and it looks like staying that way.
  • They really should make creating rules an option instead of forcing you to make a decision on every transaction!
  • This is a terrible feature. It caused my to accidently recategorize 200 transactions! Took about 4 hours to set them back to their original categories.
  • This is kind of insane to not have this option. Why are you trying to create a rule based on one-off transactions? Support showed me a way to disable it but it'll come back any time I sign back in... very band-aid approach to fixing things.

Also, please add the ability to auto-review some categories. I don't want to press 'review' for every time I take the bus! Add an option in the rule to auto-confirm/review.
  • This never used to happen and I'm not sure why they implemented this change. It is definitely frustrating and annoying!
  • I agree. It makes no sense.
  • Definitely needs to be optional.  Rules are great idea but I have too many vendors that use different categories.
  • carseph
    carseph Member
    edited October 2021
    Agree with this being an optional feature within the transaction. Should be able to opt-in / select to make it a rule rather than having to opt-out every single time. Thanks
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited November 2021
    Hello All,

Thank you for providing your feedback here!

It looks like you can disable the Rule Suggestion prompts by deselecting the checkbox next to the "Create a rule to also rename this payee for future transactions" option when editing or entering the Payee of a downloaded transaction, or by deselecting the checkbox next to the "Create a rule to also use this category for future transactions" option when editing or entering the Category of a downloaded transaction, whichever applies. Once this box is unchecked, future transactions will no longer prompt you for a Rule Suggestion.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.