Bank of america recent update affecting Simplifi

nicko
nicko Member
A few days ago I logged into my BOA and noticed that the interface was updated. I also noticed that the download transactions had changed. There is no longer an option to download current it is date based. There is an option for a custom date range. I also noticed that in Simplifi that my BOA transaction pretty much stopped around 9/24. I am missing all transactions from 9/25 and on. Steps to remedy so far:

• reset connection
  • log out and back in
  • click sync multiple times.
No luck. My current account is not completely out of synch and I am not able to use Simplifi to track and monitor. All other accounts are working and up to date. Please advise.
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @nicko,

Thank you for taking the time to report this to the Community, although I apologize that you're experiencing an issue with your transactions downloading from Bank of America.

It looks like we have an emerging issue with Bank of America where transactions aren't downloading that appears to be due to the interface changes that you mentioned above. I have gone ahead and sent your information to my Team to include as part of the escalation, and I have also created an Alert here on the Community that can be followed here for updates: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/2261/new-9-30-21-no-downloaded-transactions-from-bank-of-america/p1?new=1

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any questions! 

-Coach Natalie
  • nicko
    nicko Member
    FYI @Coach Natalie (since you typically reply :smile:
    I have reported this via the chat to Pablo. He has created an incident it does appear to be a valid issue that is a result of recent updates from BOA.
  • nicko
    nicko Member
    Great please keep me posted. You have to love when the third party vendors change their code and don't take the time to tell vendors. Happy bug hunting.
  • nicko
    nicko Member
    @Coach Natalie needing a little more help. Ever since the sync issue with BOA my balance has been off by a few hundred dollars. I have tried downloading and importing past transactions that might of been missing but I can't get the balance to reconcile with what is on BOA. I have tried going through transactions but everything seems to be there. Any help you can offer to reconcile my Simpfli balance with my bank balance would be welcome.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited October 13
    Hello @nicko,

Thanks for posting back, although I'm sorry to hear that your balance is off in Simplifi for your Bank of America account.

To confirm, transaction downloads have resumed with the resolution of the above-mentioned Alert, correct? If so, is the issue occurring on the Simplifi Mobile App, the Web App, or both?

Simplifi is designed to always stay in line with your bank balance on connected accounts, so what the bank sends in should be what's showing in Simplifi. The only exception is when you have pending transactions, and whether you have Simplifi setup to deduct those pending transactions or not. More details on how Simplifi calculates your balance can be found here

With that being said, the first thing I'd suggest is fully signing out and then back into Simplifi, as this should refresh everything. If the issue persists, you'll want to look for any Pending Transactions or any Past Due Recurring Transactions that could be impacting the balance shown in Simplifi. If you have any Pending Transactions, you may consider disabling Simplifi from deducting them from the balance to see if that helps to clear things up; the above-cited Article contains the steps to do so. 

I would definitely also suggest taking a look at this Support Article for more troubleshooting info. Please let me know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file