Why don't Goal tags make the Goal show that contribution?

SimplifineHowareyou
SimplifineHowareyou Member
edited October 6 in Savings Goals
I transferred funds to an account that's just for a Savings Goal. In the tags for the transaction, I had the option to tag it with the name I chose for the Goal. That tells me that Simplifi recognizes the connection between the transaction and the Goal. But yet when I go back into the Spending Plan, it still says Not Contributed.

Am I looking at tag use incorrectly? Or how can I make tags have the effect of making the Goal say Contributed?

Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @SimplifineHowareyou,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

To clarify, Tags are an additional way of categorizing a transaction so that you can easily track those specific items in Reports, etc., so using Using a Savings Goal Tag on a transaction won't actually contribute to the Goal. You can find more information on using Tags in Simplifi outlined in this Support Article, as well as in this YouTube video

To contribute to a Goal, you'll want to do so from the Goals page directly -- please be sure to check out our Support Article here and/or our YouTube video here for more details!

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any questions! 

-Coach Natalie
  • Zztop
    Zztop Member
    edited October 12
    I really wish that each goal had a ledger sheet so we can track historical deposits and withdrawals for each goal.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Zztop,

Thanks for the suggestion! I would definitely suggest adding your vote and feedback here: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/2091/ability-to-edit-goal-contributions-and-withdraws-edited/p1?new=1 :smiley:

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file