Can't Create Sub Category Under "Investments" Category

tapierce
tapierce Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in Investments
I'm trying to create a sub-category under the main category "Investments".  In the iPhone app after going through the process it seems like the new category is created since the process completes normally but it isn't.  In the web app after going through the same process I get the following error:

An error occurred. Please try again. 

Seems this is a bug.

~Terry

"To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer." ~ Paul Ehrlich

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @tapierce,

Thank you for taking the time to post to the Community regarding this issue! 

When it comes to Investment Categories, if you're seeing these in Simplifi, you most likely have them due to a bug that occurred that added Investment Categories to any newly created Simplifi datasets. The intended behavior is that Investment Categories are added in the background only when adding an Investment Account, however, these will not be displayed in your list of Categories, nor are they manageable. Therefore, you would not be able to add Subcategories to any Investment Categories, and with the fact that you're seeing these Categories in Simplifi due to the bug, we don't support any changes being made to them.

For this instance, some Users have created separate Investment Categories of their own so that they're able to manage them and add Subcategories to them, however, this may cause confusion once the support of Investment Transactions is added to Simplifi. With the addition of Investment Transactions, you'll also be able to see and manage the associated Categories. This post can be followed for updates to that ability: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/1019/show-investment-transactions#latest

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any questions! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.