'Hold' Transactions with Bank of America (edited)

Options
rcortez
rcortez Member
Bank of America creates "hold" transactions which are temporary until the final transaction clears the bank. Initially they are downloaded to Simplifi as "Pending". However, I'm noticing that they are also being downloaded as final transactions (not pending). These transactions then disappear from Bank of America, but they're not disappearing from Simplifi. I have to go in and compare which are real transactions and which are "hold" transactions and manually delete those. Is anyone else having this problem. Simplifi is not recognizing these "Hold" transactions as "Pending".

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hello @rcortez,

Thank you for taking the time to post to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue in Simplifi.

To clarify, do all of the transactions in question originally download in Simplifi as 'pending' and then become 'cleared' at a later time, or are there some that are downloading as 'cleared' straight away? If the latter, is it only those transactions that don't drop off?

Also, for the transactions that have 'cleared', what does it say on the "Appears on your statement as..." section in the Transaction Details:

Please let me know so I can best assist!

-Coach Natalie
  • rcortez
    rcortez Member
    Options
    This happens only on some transactions, not all. Here's a snapshot of a cleared transaction that is labeled as "Hold" by BOA. THis no longer appears at BOA.
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @rcortez,

Thanks for posting back with additional details!

Would you mind also providing me with a screenshot of the entire transaction, showing the 'Entry Method', the 'Cleared' status, as well as the Date, Payee, and Amount of the transaction? If you'd like to provide this information privately, I can email you a link to our Secure File Exchange so you can upload it there -- just let me know!

If you have a couple of other examples to provide, that would be great as well! Once I obtain this additional info from you, I will get this escalated to the Team to research! :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • rcortez
    rcortez Member
    Options
    Yes, can you send me a secure file exchange.
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @rcortez,

I have gone ahead and emailed you the link -- please let me know once everything is uploaded. Thanks! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @rcortez,

Thank you for providing the requested information!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated, and will be sure to post back as soon as I receive an update. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

CTP-2874
  • Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @rcortez,

Thank you for your patience as this was being worked on!

I've received an update from my Team stating that this issue should now be resolved. Would you mind checking in Simplifi and confirming for me, please?

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello again @rcortez,

Have you been able to take a look at this, by chance? Please let us know, thank you!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @rcortez,

Since we didn't hear back from you, we did go ahead and get the escalation closed out.

Let us know if we can assist with anything further!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.