A really simple idea!

Jedp
Jedp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in How do you Simplifi?
You're updating a new transaction. You go to the category tab and scroll through the options. Sadly, you discover the option you want isn't there. No problem, I think. There must be an option to add a new category at the bottom or top of the list. Hmmm... not at the top, it must be at the bottom. Wait... that can't be? I go out to settings and create the category I want and head back to my transactions. Easy enough I guess. I change the category to my brilliant new category; works like a champ. Alright, almost done. I mosey over to the tag, because, well, I need to tag it. Same thing as before, click on tags and no option to add a new tag.

I bet someone has suggested this before, but adding a simple "create new" button on each of these drop-downs would be an incredible addition. I believe you would be saving us poor, humble patrons of your incredible software at least 7,000,000 hours throughout an average year. That might be an exaggeration. But thank you for listening. Really. I appreciate you.

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Jedp,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on this!

Just to confirm, are you aware of the option to create a Category from the Transaction View when entering a Category on a transaction that has not already been created?

If so, and you're specifically looking for a permanent option on the drop-down menu, I think this would be a great idea! I'm not finding an existing Idea post for something like this, so we can always turn this into one if you'd like -- just let me know! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • Jedp
    Jedp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    I was not aware!!! OMG I will check it out lol
  • Jedp
    Jedp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    It worked! Thank you!

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Awesome @Jedp
This discussion has been closed.