Is anyone else unable to view .jpg attachments in the iOS app?

newuser482
newuser482 Member
edited January 24 in Report a Bug
I used to be able to view .jpg files on the iOS app, but now the .jpg files do not load.  When I click on a transaction, the spinning wheel appears indefinitely and I cannot view the attachment.  Will there be a fix for this?

Best Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Hello @newuser482 & @2sonsjim,

Thank you for taking the time to report this to the Community, although I apologize that you're both experiencing an issue with viewing attachments on the Simplifi Mobile App.

When attempting to replicate this on my Android, I am also seeing an issue with viewing attachments on the Mobile App. I can add attachments on the Mobile App and then view them on the Web App, but when attempting to view them from the Mobile App directly, I get the spinning icon that never stops. 

With that being said, I have gone ahead and located the ticket that was created for you, @2sonsjim, and I have added @newuser482's information, as well as my own. I will be sure to post back as soon as I receive an update. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-10806
  • Coach Natalie
    edited December 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you all for your patience as this is being worked on!

Great news -- a fix for this is scheduled with the 3.12.0 Mobile Release. Please be sure to let us know if you continue to see an issue after that time.

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• 2sonsjim
    2sonsjim Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue.  I reported it 4 weeks ago to Coach, and he ended up escalating the issue.  I checked back later and he said nothing had been done yet on the escalation.  It seems that they are doing nothing to fix the issue.  I have no attachments of any kind showing, jpg, png, pdf.  Worked fine until about 4 weeks ago.  I paid for the subscription, but there is NO feedback from Simplifi about what is going on.  I think this service is very poor.  I only get the spinning icon, like you mentioned.
  • 2sonsjim
    2sonsjim Member ✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Would also like to mention that Simplifi hasn't acknowledged the issue,  only escalated it.  It should be a known issue with the software!
  • I've also got the same issue on Android. Please fix this soon!
  • Coach Natalie
    edited November 2021
    Hello @ramza1011,

Thank you for reporting this to the Community!

I have gone ahead and added your information to the existing Bug Ticket for this issue -- please be sure to follow along here for updates. :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm seeing the same thing with attached receipts on an iOS phone when viewing the mobile app.  I checked Simpifi on a laptop (web app) and the files are attached properly in .jpg format.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    Brand new to Simplifi in 2021.
  • I have the same issue and having the ability to add attachments is the only reason I purchased a subscription. Is there a resolution yet else I'll need a refund. 
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alonso, from what I was seeing this morning, you can still attach them via an iOS device...you just can't see them on that same device right now.  If you log into the internet browser on a desktop/laptop (or on your phone), then you can actually see the receipts you've added...just not on the Mobile App.  There's definitely a bug.
    Chris
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Flopbot & @Alonso,

Thank you for reporting this to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're both experiencing this issue on the Simplifi Mobile App.

I have gone ahead and added both of your information to the existing Ticket for this issue and will be sure to post back as soon as I receive an update. 

@Alonso, as @Flopbot mentioned, you can still upload attachments from the Mobile App, and you can also upload and view the attachments from the Web App as a workaround until a solution is found.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if anyone has any questions! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • ramza1011
    ramza1011 Member
    edited December 2021
    @Coach Natalie, you're saying the fix for the Mobile App bug is going out in the Web Release? Just wanted to double check.

Also, is there a page that says when releases go out? Thanks!
  • Coach Natalie
    edited December 2021
    My mistake @ramza1011, that was supposed to say "Mobile". I changed it -- thanks for letting me know! :smiley:

For Release Notes, these are published in our Updates From the Product Team Category: https://community.simplifimoney.com/categories/updates-from-the-product-team

This doesn't include anticipated dates of Releases, unfortunately, but will provide you with the Notes and any new features. 

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello All,

It looks like the fix for Android will now be available with the 3.12.1 Mobile Release. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I confirm the fix works on the iOS mobile app as of 12/16/21!

[edited image to reduce size]
    Chris
This discussion has been closed.