Features I Want

Mapets
Mapets Member
edited November 2021 in Feedback
1. I would like my projected cash flow button to be available on my dashboard. Maybe even with my pinned bank account at the top.
 2. I would like my recurring payments to have a sortable feature: Sorting by due date or name would be extremely helpful.  
3. You should be able to choose how your transactions sort: deposits and payments made on the same day-you could opt for deposits to always 'clear' 1st. So, it doesn't show a negative balance.

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited November 2021
    Hello @Mapets,

Thanks for posting your feature requests to the Community!

These are all great ideas, and to have each of these get the exposure that it deserves, I'd recommend creating a separate Idea post for each of your requests. Doing so will allow the requests to be voted on individually, as well as allow you the opportunity to better highlight how each of these enhancements would benefit your use of the program, giving our Product Team a better understanding.

More details on creating Idea posts in the Community can be found here. Please let me know if you have any questions! :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • Ok. Thanks. The other thing I noticed:
    I have accounts that I still have to pay by 'check'. This is because the vendor doesn't support EFT (or whatever). This causes a delay between the deduction of the money from my account even though the bank has already issued the vendor a check. As long as I have the recurring transaction setup AND it's before the due date of the item it will be reflected in my upcoming payments and projected cash flow.
    However, once the due date passes, it is no longer reflected anywhere. This is a problem, because my balance is just a reflection of my bank account or projected cash flow just accounts for future transactions.
    This totally leaves out any payments by check that have not cleared the bank.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited November 2021
    Hello @Mapets,

Thanks for posting back!

To clarify, when you have a past due Reminder, does it not display the Reminder in the Upcoming section as 'Past'? 

I believe that past due Reminders will stay listed here for a couple of weeks once becoming 'Past', however, we do have an existing Idea post requesting that this time frame be expanded: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/1216/upcoming-and-past-due#latest

You may also consider editing the Reminder to a later date so that the check has more time to clear. More details on editing a Recurring Reminder can be found here

Please let me know so I can best assist! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • It sounds like next month it may work correctly for me. I entered it as a single transaction this month, and a recurring bill starting next month. 
This discussion has been closed.