Change where Savings Goals are "located"?

kscooley
kscooley Member ✭✭
edited November 2021 in Savings Goals
I created several savings goals for larger once a year bills.  I thought I had them all set up as stored in our Savings account (when you create the goal.)  However, I just noticed that when I clicked on Transactions, I saw Savings Goals under both Checking and Savings accounts.  I then clicked on Edit Savings Goal, but there does not seem to be an ability to change it once you've set up the goal. 

Am I missing something?  Why can't I change where the savings is "located"?  I just started with Simplifi yesterday, I did a search in the blog, community, etc, but couldn't find my answer.  (Might not have searched with the right terms...)  I've already deleted the goals and will be recreating them, but this would be great to know if it happens again.  Seems like such an easy thing to be able to do...  

Thanks!
Karen
New to Simplifi as of Nov 2021
Ultimate Goal: Liveaboard Sailing
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello @kscooley,

Thank you for posting your inquiry regarding Savings Goals to the Community!

Although you can edit a Savings Goal after creation, it does not appear that the initial "Saved so far" figures are a part of what can be edited.

With that being said, based on your description, for this type of situation you can always withdraw from the Goal to place the funds back into the account that they shouldn't have been taken from, and then contribute to the Goal to deduct the funds from the correct account. With this option, you can also determine which account(s) your contributions have come from by viewing the details of the Goal: 

However, deleting and re-creating the Goal(s) in question should also help to clear up any 'saved so far' mishaps that may have occurred when initially creating the Goal. 

I also wanted to share this Idea post with you, as it may be helpful in the type of situation that you experienced: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/2091/ability-to-edit-goal-contributions-and-withdraws-edited/p1?new=1

More details on using Savings Goals in Simplifi can be found in this Support Article, as well as this YouTube video, but please let me know if you have any further questions. :blush:

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• kscooley
    kscooley Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    @Coach Natalie "With that being said, based on your description, for this type of situation you can always withdraw from the Goal to place the funds back into the account that they shouldn't have been taken from, and then contribute to the Goal to deduct the funds from the correct account."

This was SO incredibly helpful, because I noticed today - after deleting and recreating them - that there was a "by account" view.  I was showing amounts in BOTH checking and savings.  Because of what you said, I realized that when I contributed to the goals earlier today, I didn't pay attention and see that you could choose which account they came from.   :s  Which means now I can fix them instead of delete them all over again.  LOL

THANK  YOU!!!!! 
    Karen
    New to Simplifi as of Nov 2021
    Ultimate Goal: Liveaboard Sailing
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    My pleasure @kscooley!

Please be sure to let us know if there's anything further that I or the Community may assist with. :smiley:

-Coach Natalie 

This discussion has been closed.