Two days in and curious about credit cards & the spending plan

kscooley
kscooley Member ✭✭
edited November 2021 in Using the Spending Plan
I'm trying to figure out credit cards within the spending plan when you're just starting out in Simplifi.

Our credit card is paid off every month.  When I view the Spending Plan, the bill (set up as a recurring transaction) is not being included in the Bills portion.  (I did read that this is normal, they were assigned the category Credit Card Payment, etc.)  Now, I KNOW that we have enough to pay the card in full because of our previous budgeting app.  But how can you tell in Simplifi that you have enough for the payment and everything else in your Spending Plan?  Is there a clear way to see? 

Is there a better article/blog post with more detailed info on how CCs work in this app?
Karen
New to Simplifi as of Nov 2021
Ultimate Goal: Liveaboard Sailing

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello @kscooley,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community, and welcome to Simplifi!

As mentioned here in more detail, you can include your credit card payments in the 'Bills' Total of your Spending Plan by setting up the associated Recurring Series' to be included in the Spending Plan. Alternatively, you can have the associated Recurring Series setup to be ignored from the Spending Plan, and then use the additional Total that's provided on the Web App that includes ignored items.

One thing to keep in mind in regards to this -- if you're also tracking the individual credit card accounts in Simplifi, and therefore tracking the individual charges that take place, those items would also be included in your Spending Plan (unless you intentionally ignore them from the Spending Plan), so also including the payment to your credit card would essentially cause those amounts to be included twice.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any questions! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.