Has Simplifi helped you better manage your finances? Tell us how here!
$NaN Cashflow Calc - Linked Transfer From Checking to Credit Card Account
seth4318 Member ✭
edited November 2021 in Report a Bug
Struggling with $NaN in cashflow screen. I've successfully created a reoccurring bill that is a linked transfer from checking to credit card accounts. The first month cashflow works perfectly. After I adjusted the amount for the following future Month, the cashflow calculates $NaN. This has to be a bug. There is no reason for it to cashflow properly in 1 future month (Nov 27th) but fail the second future month (Dec 27th). Does anyone else struggle with this issue? Can someone confirm this is a bug? Screenshot:
Thank you for taking the time to post to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing this in Simplifi.
To better understand the situation, when you say that you adjusted the amount for the following future month, are you referring to the Recurring Credit Card Bill specifically? And, if so, did you edit the individual Reminder for that Bill, or did you edit the entire Series?
Also, are you seeing the "$NaN" for all upcoming dates in that credit card account after a certain point/date, or is the issue only occurring on the days with the Credit Card Bill Reminder specifically?
Please let me know so I can best assist!
seth4318 Member ✭@Coach Natalie, when i went back to review for answering the questions, I realized the bug is no longer present. It's gone. No longer indicates $NaN and reflects the correctly predicted future balance. That said, please allow me to answer your questions in hopes that someone else is struggling. Or worse case the bug reappears:
- Question: "...are you referring to the Recurring Credit Card Bill specifically?"
- Answer: I opened the recurring bill and updated the future instance amount.
- Question: "...did you edit the individual Reminder for that Bill, or did you edit the entire Series?"
- Answer: I edited the amount of that bill. Not the entire series.
- Question"..."are you seeing the "$NaN" for all upcoming dates in that credit card account after a certain point/date"
- Answer: I *was* seeing it for all upcoming dates. $NaN persisted across all other points in time after the first occurrence. The first occurrence was directly related to the point in *future* time that I manually updated the instances amount. In this case December.
- Question:"... or is the issue only occurring on the days with the Credit Card Bill Reminder specifically?"
- Answer: $NaN is present on the day of the recurring instance amount update AND each day after. It remains persistent for as many days as I can see into the future (max of 6 months)
I think for now it's safe to assume the bug is gone.
Thank you for the response!
Awesome @seth4318, I'm glad to hear that the issue is no longer present!
Thank you, also, for providing additional information on the issue, just in case someone else runs into it.
Please let us know if there's anything further that we can help out with!
This discussion has been closed.