Unable to link Past Due Reminder (edited)

asubbaiyanprof
asubbaiyanprof Member ✭✭✭✭
Starting this week, I faced an odd issue; two of my recurring transactions looked okay, yet it was saying past due ( on the upcoming section). When I tried to link manually, I could not search under 'Choose transaction to link.',  how to make the record show?

Also, can you point me a help link explaining how to 'Choose transaction to link' works?

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Hello @asubbaiyanprof,

Thanks for posting this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties linking to a Reminder in Simplifi.

Typically, the only reason that a transaction would not be displayed in the list to link the Reminder to is if the associated Recurring Series is set up using a different account than the one that the transaction resides in. Other than that, if the transaction was already linked to a Reminder, then it would also not be listed as available to link to.

With that being said, I would definitely check to make sure that the Recurring Series for the Reminder is set up using the same account that the transaction is in, as well as locate the transaction itself to make sure that it's not already linked to something. More details on linking transactions to Reminders can be found here

Please let me know how it goes! :smile:

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• asubbaiyanprof
    asubbaiyanprof Member ✭✭✭✭
    For example,  Apple Credit 810.20 on top, does not show a link transaction to update

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited December 2021
    Hello @asubbaiyanprof,

Thanks for posting back!

To confirm, is the associated Recurring Series setup using the same account that the transaction resides in? And is the transaction already linked to a Reminder, by chance? You can determine this by viewing the Transaction Details.

Also, where are you attempting to link the Reminder from -- the Transaction View, Upcoming section, or Spending Plan? Have you tried linking it from other places, by chance? I would also suggest trying to link it from the transaction directly by opening the Transaction Details and selecting "Mark as bill or recurring", then "Link to existing...", and then selecting the associated Series that it should be linked to.

Here's a YouTube video that goes over all of the ways to link a transaction to a Reminder in Simplifi. Please let me know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.