Button to filter reviewed/unreviewed and uncategorized transactions easily (edited)

Options
perrynmyers
perrynmyers Member ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2023 in Feature Requests
Today if I want to toggle between showing Reviewed and Unreviewed transactions I have to click the filter box, select Advanced, Select Not Reviewed and then click Apply.

This is four mouse clicks, and is a bit annoying. Given that toggling between Reviewed and Unreviewed is something users might want to do more frequently as a filter, it would be very useful to have a dedicated button right to the right of the Search Transactions box and Filter button, that simply enables/disables the filtering by Reviewed status. 

This would take up minimal screen real estate, but would make toggling between Reviewed and Unreviewed much easier.

Thanks!
30 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Matthew876
    Options
    When I go to transactions I only care about the full list about 1% of the time.  The view that is really helpful is after I filter it to "Not Reviewed".  I want to see my to-do list basically.
  • pst
    pst Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    There should be a shortcut to "not reviewed" and "uncategorized" transactions. It takes too many clicks for me to get from the home page to a clean, expanded view of the transactions I'd like to review. One alternative would be to allow/expose reusable URLs.

Use case: I use Simplifi mostly to keep abreast of all my financial activity. I do this by marking transactions as reviewed.

Initial post
  • pkp
    pkp Member ✭✭
    Options

Currently, if I want to go to review my transactions and filter to the ones I haven't reviewed, I have to do the following: Filter → Advanced → Not Reviewed. This is a bit tedious on the mobile app and even worse on the web app. I didn't even know this capability existed for the longest time.

I think Simplifi should encourage people to review their transactions more by making transaction review a less tedious process. There should be a single button on the web app to filter to unreviewed transactions. For example, I would think filtering to unreviewed transactions would be a much more common use case than importing and exporting transactions, so it's not clear to me why the latter two should each get their own button (assuming that there's limited space for buttons).

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is a great idea! I also would like to see the Reviewed column when looking at the transactions in a spending plan.

• sammybudgety
    sammybudgety Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

Same here, would be great!

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Love this idea! It’s a super simple solution to a super common step; fits nicely with Simplifi’s approach.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • perrynmyers
    perrynmyers Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Simplifi Coaches. Any chance this could be implemented? It seems like a very simply addition and lots of people have indicated they'd like it (across multiple posts).

• pullella
    Options

Totally agree. Having a "quick filter" button to allow me to see unreviewed transactions would save tons of clicking

• HipsterZipster
    Options

What's the status of prioritizing this request? Agreeing with the others that this is an extremely common workflow for many users leaving Mint and should be a Tier 1 priority on the roadmap

• PMitch
    PMitch Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

Love this idea. Would be nice to default to list unreviewed, and not even have to switch every time! Or, show unreviewed transactions if that was the last selection (remember the Reviewed/Unreviewed filter setting from before).